PDA

View Full Version : River raise for value?

na4bart
02-20-2005, 02:16 AM
The player in question never gets out of line. When he raises he has the goods.

I look down and to my delight I find A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif for my BB hand after one limper and the SB ( guy refered to above) completes. I raise and they both call.

Flop came J /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif SB checks, I bet, limper folds and SB calls. At this point I figure something like 9T, 67 draw or crappy to good J with me leaning towards crappy although I know this play doesn't play crappy cards, so why didn't he bet or c/r with a good J? Still can't rule it out as he is a cautious type. Maybe slow playing a set of 8's or 5's?

Turn A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Remember the music that plays when the clouds part and heavens light shines down? Heard that here.

Check, bet, call. My read has not changed although I downplay the draws as I know he doesn't like to draw heads up.

River 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and he leads into me. I raise? thinking the 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif scared him into betting, that he might not get a c/r in. I get 3 bet and muck face up. Results later.

onegymrat
02-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Looks like he fell ass-backwards into a jack-high flush. Did you discount the possibility that he did indeed flop a set, which would make one last call correct?

MoDOH
02-20-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get 3 bet and muck face up

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you want to do that for? Given your read it may well be that you are beat but never let them know that you are capable of folding a strong hand for one more bet on the river. thatīs just asking for trouble

na4bart
02-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I agree. Was just pissed at looking at another runner runner beat.

na4bart
02-20-2005, 10:32 PM
The player in question had exactly the two cards I suspected when I got 3 bet - namely the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I understand variance is my friend, but I could just s**t anyway.