PDA

View Full Version : AJo w/ 2 opponents. I call a lot.

mmbt0ne
02-20-2005, 01:53 AM
UTG+1 is uber-fish who I have absolutely no respect for.
MP3 has done nothing out of the ordinary up to this point. A little loose preflop, pfr is decent, post-flop aggression is about 2.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

This limp-reraise tells me he has total crap. Probably some suited trash, or Ax.

Flop: (15 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

He is not a tricky opponent, there is no way he tries to check-raise his trips on the flop. Absolute worst case, he has a pair, and I'm drawing to 3 outs, but I think he makes this bluff a lot.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero ...

Again, I call this river because I think I'm good here very often against UTG+1. The raise is what bothers me.

milesdyson
02-20-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero ...

Again, I call this river because I think I'm good here very often against UTG+1. The raise is what bothers me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fast forwarded through the rest of your post to get here. My question: Why didn't you raise the river if you thought this?

I think it's an easy fold after MP3 raises a bet and a call.

edit: raise the turn (based on your comment that UTG+1's bet there will be a bluff pretty often). I'm sticking to easy river fold. MP3 has a 4.

mmbt0ne
02-20-2005, 02:11 AM
Because that obviously would've been the correct play. Meaning, at the time, there was no chance I was going to make it.

I think at the time I was thinking about how sometimes I'll only be good for a split, not the whole pot, and that made me give up and just call. It was an incredibly poor move on my part.

Reef
02-20-2005, 03:27 AM
I think you have to fold here. At best, you're calling to split the pot with another A... so your odds are cut in half basically. I advocate looser river calls, but not here.

Shillx
02-20-2005, 03:29 AM
Cap preflop. Bet the flop. Come on now. If he is limp reraising crap you still have a huge equity edge and you need to push harder. This flop didn't change [censored]. Bet the best hand.

Brad