PDA

View Full Version : Being There with Peter Sellers

andyfox
02-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Yes, the old movie with Peter Sellers. Didn't like it much when it first came out, found it too slow moving when I was 26 years old. Now it's 25 years later and I watched it last night and LOVED it. Sellers was magnificent, a remarkable performance. A great satire with commentary on American politics and television and as memorable a final scene as movies have ever seen. Rent it and treat yourself if you haven't seen it, or haven't seen it in a while.

razor
02-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Great movie

I am bitter over Sellers not winning an Oscar for that performance to this day...

WillMagic
02-20-2005, 01:06 AM
I agree, it's a really great film.

"Which view?"

Will

Myrtle
02-20-2005, 08:44 AM
Am in total agreement with above posters.....

'Being There' certainly in my top fifty movies of all time.

Sellers performance is superb (perhaps his best role outside of Dr. Stranglove), to go along with a terrific screeplay and supporting acting.

And yes, the first time I saw it, the final scene was simply believable, until I came back to reality.

MelK
02-20-2005, 08:58 AM
This is a great Sunday morning joke thread.

The movie sucks, stop encouraging people to waste their time on it.

Myrtle
02-20-2005, 09:09 AM
....pretty straightforward opinion.

What would you recommend instead of it?

Zeno
02-20-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now it's 25 years later and I watched it last night.....

[/ QUOTE ]

25 years! Gads that went by in a flash.

I enjoyed this flick when it first hit the screen all those years ago. It is a worthy film that I also highly recommend seeing again.

Wasn't this Sellers last film (or close to it)?

-Zeno

Myrtle
02-20-2005, 12:27 PM
.....I believe it was his last film.........

Paluka
02-20-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.....I believe it was his last film.........

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so, The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu was later I think.

Myrtle
02-20-2005, 12:35 PM
.....I stand corrected.....FuManchu was in 1980.....Being There was 1979

ty for correction.

SinCityGuy
02-20-2005, 03:36 PM
It's a great movie, and it was filmed in Asheville, N.C. at the Biltmore House, one of the largest mansions in the U.S.

If you're ever in the vicinity, you owe it to yourself to stop by and take a tour. The mansion and gardens are truly magnificent.

nothumb
02-20-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a great movie, and it was filmed in Asheville, N.C. at the Biltmore House, one of the largest mansions in the U.S.

If you're ever in the vicinity, you owe it to yourself to stop by and take a tour. The mansion and gardens are truly magnificent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have family in that area. Never got the attraction. "Look, this dude was so rich it makes you want to die. Let's rub it in." But I'm a nit, what do I know.

I feel like I saw this movie and then forgot what it's about or whether or not I liked it. Not a commentary on the movie BTW, just on my booze-addled Sunday AM mind.

NT