PDA

View Full Version : 33 in the sb, 3 handed

qwerty
09-06-2002, 07:02 AM
an other hand form online 0.25/0.50 3 handed HE.
I have 33 in the sb.

Button calls, I complete, BB checks.
Should I have raised here ?

flop:882, two clubs.
After hitting trips, this is about the best flop I can hope for, so I raise. Both call.

Turn: 882-Q
I raise, both call.
After two calls on the flop, is this to aggressive ?

River 228Q-J. No flush possible.
I check, BB checks, button bets. I figure It is imposible that I am wining here, so I fold, as does the BB.

Comments ?

After the hand the Button showed KK. I misplayed the hand, but he did worse...

Qwerty

Ikke
09-06-2002, 07:36 AM
Preflop I'm more likely to raise, especially if the BB is tight. This is because in most cases I will have 4th pair, so it's very important to let opponents fold overcards to your pair quickly. This is in my experience often easier if you gain preflop momentum. Bad thing of the raise is that you create a bigger pot making chasing more correct. So, it's close, but I would opt raising.

I agree with your flop and turn play. On the flop you tried to make overcards fold, which they would often do on this kind of flop. Betting the turn on a relative scare card then often does the trick if they don't have a pair or flushdraw.

The river is a bit trickier and a bit opponent dependend. This is because the presence of the flushdraw. Would button raise the flop with a flushdraw or just call? Is button capable of bluffing a missed flushdraw against 2 opponents?

If he can, then it can become ugly, because he could be bluffing, but you also have to worry about the player behind you. But if he often plays flushdraws passively and can bluf missed draws as well, then I would call. I just hate folding the river after showing strength the whole hand. You might even have a dirty thought of raising if you think this enables you of letting the BB lay down a better hand. But be very careful with that.

Regards