PDA

View Full Version : way to weak?

MrTeddyKGB
02-19-2005, 09:44 PM
BB 18%/4%/.36 Is this a huge mistake? small blind no stats at the time.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls.
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

sfwusc
02-19-2005, 09:53 PM
That is fine.
ATs on the button is a raise.
You have odds to call the three bet assuming BB doesnt have AA.

Do you think they have the flush? You have 6 outs to the straight. Only one should three bet that flops a flush--AK of clubs. Though calling two call isnt going to be EV+.

Flop was good.

Tough break, but it happens

MrTeddyKGB
02-19-2005, 11:56 PM
thanks for the reply, I think my biggest leak is folding too much. I know I folded too much in big pots before I got Ed Millers book. My W$ at SD is 58% and went to showdown 30% can't seem to figure out where. I am folding away money somewhere, hope I can figure out where?

einbert
02-20-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
t My W$ at SD is 58% and went to showdown 30% can't seem to figure out where.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those numbers are fine. You didn't specify the sample size but that's about right.

Nice hand btw, I play it the same.

krishanleong
02-20-2005, 12:24 AM
This is a terribly easy fold. I would fold if it was 1 bet to me.

Krishan

buzzbait
02-20-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold if it was 1 bet to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? Please explain. Even if you discount the one card oesd down to 5 or even 4 outs due to the monotone flop you have more that enough odds to call one bet.

krishanleong
02-20-2005, 12:48 AM
The reverse implied odds of a straight on a mono-tone flop are enough to keep me from trying to make them. Against a pair, and a club, you have ~20% equity. You could be drawing dead. If you make you hand, you probably won't be able to get a lot out of a weaker hand. Whereas if you make your hand and you are behind, you could lose a lot. All these together make this a fold for me.

Krishan

MrTeddyKGB
02-20-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Those numbers are fine. You didn't specify the sample size but that's about right.

[/ QUOTE ]
70,000 hands thanks for the response

buzzbait
02-20-2005, 01:11 AM
I'm still not seeing this.
You say we have about 20% equity with the possibility of already being drawing dead, so let's say 15% equity in a 12 or 13sb pot when it comes to us for one sb on the flop. Also, I don't think reverse implied odds applies too much here as the pot is not small and hands like 2 pair or an over pair will pay off. And there is no rule that says you have to pay off a lot by raising and risking getting 3bet if the straight puts the 4th flush card on the board. I think this would be worth a call for one sb on the flop and then re-evaluate your options on the turn.

krishanleong
02-20-2005, 01:15 AM
An overpair or two pair will not give you action on a 3-flush 4 straight board on the turn. A made flush will. If you do make your hand on the turn, you are very vunerable to redraws on the river. Maybe others can chime in. I feel like I'm just saying I'd fold over and over again.

Krishan