PDA

View Full Version : vent....

Sponger15SB
02-19-2005, 09:12 PM
alright so i get home for the weekend from school last night and my brother is using my moms laptop. he is trying to scan pictures into her computer and then make a power point presentation for his church on mission work. he has no idea how to use power point nor how to scan things in correctly.

he had just spent the last hour scanning pictures (about 30 total) in .pdf ?!??? ....all into one document.

i try and talk him out of spending all this time doing all of this because he has no idea what he is doing and it seems like a total hassle for someone, and i also questioned him on why he agreed to do this whole thing in the first place.

of course because i spend all day on the computer he magically expects me to be able to fix everything and sit there helping him....F that!

so i explain to him that he needs to rescan everything and then crop the photos. he of course makes me do the first five because he keeps on forgetting how to do it all himself.

so then this morning he wakes up and is finished, and he starts asking me about hooking the laptop up to a TV like I have any clue on how to do that or what you need to make that work.

he then spends the next 15 minutes trying to get me to go all the way out to his church to help him, i don't go because 1) he is bugging the crap out of me 2) i really have no idea how to do this

so he leaves....he has been gone for like 6 hours when he calls our house and my mom talks to him for a while, and she comes in and says that he can't do the presentation on power point....

gee john....maybe you should have figured this all out before you spent an insane ammount of time....GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sponger15SB
02-19-2005, 09:19 PM
ok anyone want to guess how old my brother is?

pshreck
02-19-2005, 09:20 PM
You clicked on the wrong site, this is 2+2, not your blog.

Sponger15SB
02-19-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually this is OOT

go fist yourself.

ClaytonN
02-19-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

razor
02-19-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is his age relevant? There are countless morons, of all ages, who attempt things they've never done before and expect things to magically come together for them...

DesertCat
02-19-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he is trying to scan pictures into her computer and then make a power point presentation for his church on mission work

he then spends the next 15 minutes trying to get me to go all the way out to his church to help him

[/ QUOTE ]

You should help him. What if he tells God you play poker?

Sponger15SB
02-19-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother just makes me feel like a horrible sinner every time something about poker comes up, I'm sure he has already mentioned it to god.

ClaytonN
02-19-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well?

Sponger15SB
02-19-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well?

[/ QUOTE ]

28 years old.

He lives with his uncle and is a spa attendant at the four seasons hotel.

Token Black Guy
02-20-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well?

[/ QUOTE ]

28 years old.

He lives with his uncle and is a spa attendant at the four seasons hotel.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, that [censored] is whack!

Corey
02-20-2005, 12:44 AM
That's why you need to go out of your way to make people think you don't have a clue about computers. One a computer retard figures out you actually know a little bit, it's over and you've become his or her bitch, even if it's something you have no idea about.

theBruiser500
02-20-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually this is OOT

go fist yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahah

kipin
02-20-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother just makes me feel like a horrible sinner every time something about poker comes up, I'm sure he has already mentioned it to god.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait until I show him the picture of you holding newspaper girl down.

EliteNinja
02-20-2005, 02:52 AM
Baahahahaha.
Nice avatar, razor.

It is from SpicyF's collection.
LMAO

Let your brother deal with his own problems. If you don't know how to do it, tell him you can't help him because you don't know.

BongRips
02-20-2005, 09:06 PM
But the point is, when you can do one thing on the computer, people who know less than you assume you can help them with whatever they're trying to do and won't leave you alone about it.

Sponger15SB
02-20-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But the point is, when you can do one thing on the computer, people who know less than you assume you can help them with whatever they're trying to do and won't leave you alone about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know very little about most problems my mom and brother have while they're trying to use the computer. However its really easy to just mess around for 1-2 minutes and figure it out. They are just so feeble on a computer its hard for them to discover things on their own.

MelchyBeau
02-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Tough love might be the answer here. They need to learn computers as well. You aren't always gonna be there to show them exactly what to do

Melch