PDA

View Full Version : AA hand in MP1

Hojglad
02-19-2005, 08:48 PM
The player that I was up against (read: the one that three bet preflop) was relatively passive. I didn't see him three betting my early position raise without a large pocket pair. Comments on all streets are appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

So at this point, I am almost 95% sure that he has KK. I had seen him play QQ on a similar flop, and it didn't look anything remotely like this.

Turn: (12.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB calls $1 (All-In), Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Crap.

River: (15.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Does anyone hate me going into check/call mode here? I mean, what range of hands am I ahead of? His play screamed KK to me the whole way through. I don't seeing him 3 betting pre-flop with anything that would have flopped a set. I don't see him playing QQ-TT that aggressively with a K on the board on the turn. This hand made me sick. I almost didn't even want to call down here (there was no way I could fold though - I'd expect to be good 1/16 times here). Let me know what you think.