PDA

View Full Version : JJ in NL game in Atlantic City...(a little long)

sonicblue
02-19-2005, 08:42 PM
Mid week I was at a B&M cardroom at a table that was pretty loose and a bit wacky. The big stack at the table had about $1500 in front of him and was on the tail end of a 32 hour session and was falling asleep during hands. The max buy in was $300, but many of the players at this table had more than that, as it was very late and we had consilidated two no limit tables to one with ten players.
I am LP right before the button, and I am dealt --
J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
and UTG leads off (the blinds were $1 and $3) making it $10 to go. This table was quite loose and these guys would do a bet like this to pot build if they had Q9 off. I think there were four callers, a couple folders and then I made it $25. Button folds, so I've bought the button.
Small blind makes it $50 (uh oh?), the rest fold to a middle position who goes all in with $107.
If I'm against two tight players with this hand, I probably dump it, but these guys had me convinced I had the best hand. A little background--
Previously, the SB player had raised $20 pre flop with Q6 off and caught a nut straight with a KJA flop and a 10 on the turn and cracked a big slick hand for a big pot. In another large pot, he called a $30 preflop raise, board shows
8 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
calls a $81 flop bet (since 81 is Terrell Owens' #) turn is
K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
calls another $81 bet by the wacky TO fan, river is
J /images/graemlins/club.gif
Terrell Owens fan checks, SB guy goes all in (about $120 at that point), TO fan shows his AA and folds, and the SB guy shows his A9 of clubs. I scratched my head ponderously...
The MP guy had previously been heads up with me. I held a 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif and the flop was
9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I checked, he bet $15, I did my crying call act, and the turn was
6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet $50, he came over the top with $110 (all in), I called, and the river was a blank, and he shows K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. An hour later he did it again and lost to trips again. He also had no problem raising $20 pre flop with KQ off.
So now you have an idea how these guys play. You have wired J's, it's $82 to call, there's already about $225 in the pot, and you've bought the button. If you call you will have $305 left in your stack and the SB has you covered plus about $150.
How do you play this one?
(Results tomorrow)

JasonP530
02-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Few things. You need to post this in the NL section, as you will get very fre replies here. You raised too little, with a raise and 4 callers. You did not want to see a 5 way flop for $25, because the iplied odds on a set are not enough, and against 5 people, an overpair may not be enough(and youll only flop an overpair 50% of the time). I dont know how to proceed with the min raise by the SB, but if the MP all in player was not the preflop raiser, you have a better hand than he does at that point.