PDA

View Full Version : advise needed

oreogod
02-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Alright guys, so Im playing sit and go satellites on royal vegas to get to the WSOP, u got to move up through all 6 levels to get there, I've beaten the first 2.

Never played sit and go before, my experience in tournaments is minimal, exept what I read here..I have tournament poker by sklansky and HoH...question is this, if it was u would u read those books before moving up or just play and see what happens.

Im just curious, as being sit and go I can play the next level anytime between now and the next few months. And yes, this may be a pointless post, but Id like to see what u have to say.

adanthar
02-19-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never played sit and go before, my experience in tournaments is minimal, exept what I read here..I have tournament poker by sklansky and HoH...question is this, if it was u would u read those books before moving up or just play and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's see...you could play an important, high stakes SNG not knowing anything about SNG's, or you could learn something about them first.

Hmm.

skipperbob
02-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Slight variation to "adanthar" advice: Go in cold; that way there's no such thing as a careless mistake /images/graemlins/grin.gif

willperkins
02-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Order Theory of Poker and while you are waiting for it to arrive, read the other two books a minimum of three times each because you will miss something the 1st two times (especially Sklansky's books).

oreogod
02-20-2005, 12:24 AM
well I pretty much have all the relavant Holdem twoplustwo books, reading through small stakes holdem right now, half way through theory of poker...I have a basic grasp of tournies...but since I won my way through the first two sit and goes, I mind as well just read those two tournie books first. (and I do already have them in my posession, but I need to get past the ADD of poker and read them finally...)

Like I said, its probably an asine post, but I thought Id see what u had to say.