PDA

View Full Version : First SNG after a month out. Decision for all my chips on hand 2......

partygirluk
02-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Pokerroom $11. 1500 chips, 10/20 blinds. Hand 1. Cutoff minraises. I call in the BB with AJd, BB calls.

Flop is 732r.

BB check calls two pottish sized bets on the flop and turn, then pushes on the river after a backdoor flush comes. CO-` folds.

Hand 2: 2 limpers, CO-1 from the last hand raises to 240, I have AKo on the Button, what is my play?

boxedIn
02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Depends on how good you are with a bigger stack and how much risk you're willing to take early in the tournament. I think we can probably assume AA/KK are eliminated, as they're unlikely to begin with and not many players will hard raise them preflop. Therefore, it's probably a 60/40 chance you're dominating/facing a coinflip. I would take that chance; the big stack early will pay off massive dividends later, imo. Especially since the CO has shown himself to be a big loose, I think this is an easy reraise allin (or a huge reraise with the intention of calling an allin from the CO and dropping if like two players go allin before you ... but even then I'd advocate a call).

AK is one of four hands I'm not willing to fold preflop in the early stages; too often you'll end up dominating, which makes up for the 35-40% of the coinflips you end up taking.