PDA

View Full Version : No Raises with AA/KK

deadmunny
02-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Dear All,

I play at Party $2/$4 limit and I have noticed more and more players NOT raising with AA/KK and then, when they win they proudly display their AA to the poor players amongst us.

Is this a new trend? (I had asked this before in a previous post, jokingly) But I am really serious now!
I have made comments about this mid game to players.... The usual answer is (with KK) "An Ace nearly always comes so I cut my losses down".

With AA the answer is "Hey, I only win 1 in 4 or 5 with Aces, so why waste the money?"

It ALMOST makes sense to me,

Thoughts anyone?

Regards D

PhatPots
02-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Is this ur first time playing poker EVER? with AA you are going to win more than 1 out of 5 times. They are idiots. It is +ev to raise those hands prf. That is why you raise them, end of story

Pots

housenuts
02-19-2005, 08:06 PM
hopefully they've been reading that party poker cracked thing that came out a while ago saying big pairs like AA, KK always lose so don't raise them preflop. the more people that read that, the merrier.

Xiphoid
02-19-2005, 08:06 PM
That theory makes baby Jesus sad.

If you're not raising both of those hands PF, you're missing out on a ton of bets and money. There's really no excuse or reason not to.

deadmunny
02-19-2005, 08:19 PM
I totally agree with you, I was making reference to other players doing it....... I guess I posted this because of the hand last night with me having KQ and a K flops (No PF raises) and Villain turning over AA after raising me on the turn.

Regards D

bdk3clash
02-19-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is +ev to raise those hands prf. That is why you raise them, end of story

[/ QUOTE ]
No. It's also +EV to call with them. But you should raise with them because it's more +EV to raise than to call with them.

brettbrettr
02-19-2005, 08:48 PM
I saw KK limp behind 4 limpers today, but its not something I see often.

seahawktd
02-19-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That theory makes baby Jesus sad.

If you're not raising both of those hands PF, you're missing out on a ton of bets and money. There's really no excuse or reason not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head. I almost always raise with premium hands, and when I win, often times I'm taking down a huge pot. I often see people in live games smooth calling wired Aces and Kings. When they do win it's a measley little pot. I have witnessed in my brief poker career that passive play is rewarded with pots about as big as a small turds

Hulk Hogan
02-19-2005, 09:29 PM
A lot of them are trying to limp-reraise and whiffing. It's easily the "coolest" move at low limits. More popular than it has any right to be.

deadmunny
02-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Tell me about it /images/graemlins/confused.gif,

Regards D

mtdoak
02-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Thats when you add the player to your buddy list with a note: doesn't raise AA/KK. After losing some decent size pots to players who have done this...NOTHING is better than destroying a player with rags from the blinds who decided not to raise before the flop with their premium holding

2000Flushes
02-19-2005, 10:28 PM
37k hands and counting

AA - wins 81.82%
KK - wins 68.72%
QQ - wins 66.85%

And I laugh my ass off when I hit 2 pr or trips from the BB when AA didn't raise

syphlix
02-19-2005, 10:46 PM
i agree... the more ppl that don't raise w/ KK/AA preflop on PP... the happier i am...