PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nutflush HU

bilbo-san
02-19-2005, 07:55 PM
My main questions are: is the PF call loose? Could I have open-raised? Is the flop check slow-play good or did I just essentially miss an SB?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

DeathDonkey
02-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Yes openraise, or fold is ok too. Bet the flop let him call with his one diamond or whatever. He will like never fold here I promise.

-DeathDonkey

bigmac366
02-19-2005, 08:00 PM
fold preflop, your looking for multiway pots when you play a suited baby ace. i would bet flop, turn, and river. you have a strong hand but if he has JJ with the Jd he will pay to draw dead. and if he has a set of kings/queens or KQ for two pair he will pay to draw to a boat. if he has a diamond in his hand he will pay to draw, if not he wont call a bet at all. so bet!

bilbo-san
02-19-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop, your looking for multiway pots when you play a suited baby ace. i would bet flop, turn, and river. you have a strong hand but if he has JJ with the Jd he will pay to draw dead. and if he has a set of kings/queens or KQ for two pair he will pay to draw to a boat. if he has a diamond in his hand he will pay to draw, if not he wont call a bet at all. so bet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't an Ace OK in a HU or 3-way pot as well? I understand the danger of being outkickered, so I think it's unlikely that I'll end up paying anyone off with second best hands here. I like the idea of open-raising, too, though.

bigmac366
02-19-2005, 09:26 PM
open raising wouldve been better. i'm losing money with my ACE baby suited according to pt, so i'm looking for excuses to not play them.

tytygoodnuts
02-19-2005, 09:31 PM
I would open raise with A2s in a relatively tight game and fold it in a loose game.
The difference between a slowplay and a raise is exactly that: one small bet. Don't think about it too much, this situation doesn't come up that often and it isn't a big deal either way.

Greg J
02-19-2005, 09:35 PM
I think you should make it a habit to not limp with anything when it has been folded to you in LP. Raise or fold. I raise this preflop.