PDA

View Full Version : Another 'fold the river for one bet'?

ebranig
02-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.16 BB

brettbrettr
02-19-2005, 05:39 PM
At first I thought it stunk but now I think its ok.

Nick C
02-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Things don't look so promising on the river, I'll admit, but I probably would have called. I think you most likely have MP1 beat, so the biggest question is what Button was raising with on the turn.

Most of the time, it will be a straight. But I'm thinking it'll be something like QT often enough.

Or maybe it will, anyway. In any event, with no reads, I think I'd go ahead and overcall.

Edit: I took out A /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif as a possibility, as obviously Button can't have that. I suppose A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif is still possible, though.

Perhaps this is a fold, but I have trouble laying down sets for one bet on the river.

SpaceAce
02-19-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At first I thought it stunk but now I think its ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

No... No, it still stinks. If these are fairly typical $3/$6 players, this is going to be two pair or a weird bluff more than 1:12 times.

SpaceAce

sfwusc
02-19-2005, 05:45 PM
What in the world are you doing on the turn and preflop?

Raise PF---possible pushes the button out of the hand(since he won more than likely)

Raise/ call a three bet. Since you have raise preflop and not stopped on the flop. A three bet mean J only. If they have a Jack, then you have 20% of getting the boat.(you have odds to call the three bet)

Then you can safely fold the non boat river.

Based on the way this was played. Button has a flush. MP1 top pair

bobbyi
02-19-2005, 06:19 PM
With a pocket pair this good, you should strongly consider raising preflop to isolate the limper (if other people come along, that's okay too, since you have a good hand so the raise is still getting value, although my perferred outcome would definitely be playing this heads up with position and initiative and dead money in the pot from the blinds).

deadmunny
02-19-2005, 06:30 PM
IMHO, Raise PF and make the crying call on the river for one bet.

Regards D