PDA

View Full Version : Starting Hand Standards in Full Ring 5/10 Party

garganasaur
02-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey guys,

I had this big long post ready, but I clicked something and lost it. Do you guys have any advice on playing hands like AJs, AJ, KQs, KQ early? How about mid-pockets in middle position? What about KJs, KJ, QJs, QJ, ATs, AT in late with a limper or for an open raise?

Thanks, sorry my nice one got lost

rmarotti
02-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Read "Small Stakes Hold 'Em" by Ed Miller.

Then read it again.

SinCityGuy
02-19-2005, 07:45 PM
This is going to sound harsh, but it isn't intended to be. If you're concerned about something as basic as starting hand standards, I would strongly advise against playing the 5/10 Party game.

DemonDeac
02-19-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read "Small Stakes Hold 'Em" by Ed Miller.

Then read it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

rinse and repeat

PhatPots
02-19-2005, 07:56 PM
maybe I can be a little bit kinder than some of the other posts. AJs and KQs are a raise from EP. AJo and KQo are marginal hands. There was another post where many ppl argued and agreed that they are hands that are neutral EV. It would also depend on the table. On a loose/aggressive table you should fold both of them. On a TP table, they are both a raise or a fold. On a TAG table they are a raise or a fold as well. I don't like limping with either of those hands. Medium PP are a raise from MP unless you have callers already. Then you should limp to try and encourage others to limp. I think open limping with a medium pair is a bad idea unless you expect that several players will call behind you.

Regarding the last few hands you can try for a steal with any of those hands in late MP, CO or button. If there is a limper I would raise all of those hands except QJ. I just don't like it.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Pots