PDA

View Full Version : AA Stupid or Correct?

sfwusc
02-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Paradise Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Rafael_Luiz
02-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Do you have a read on MP2? If he's the kind of player who calls the turn with the gutshot draw, without odds, then i just call his raise on the river. But if he's tight, and you think you can rule out the 7, the reraise is fine.

maryfield48
02-19-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a read on MP2? If he's the kind of player who calls the turn with the gutshot draw, without odds, then i just call his raise on the river. But if he's tight, and you think you can rule out the 7, the reraise is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, the better a player he is, the more money you can make off him - at least looking at the river in isolation.

I think there's an important lesson in this, that is often taken for granted. When we see these "I need to move up because I can't make money off these low limit fish" posts, the response is usually vintage 2+2, e.g. "You're an idiot". That response is often unassailable in terms of its accuracy. However it fails to explicitly make the point that one of the fundamental ways to maximize earn against the fish is to recognize that they are fish, and adjust accordingly.

It's not enough to say, "Well they're fish, the odds will catch up to them eventually, and my Tight-Agg edge will bear fruit". That is true, but it's not as +EV as playing correctly taking into account your opponents. That's the genius of SSHE.

Also, understanding this helps immensely in keeping frustration/tilt at bay.

sfwusc
02-19-2005, 04:49 PM
He was a lAP.

I thought he would have played Ax the same way. When he did it i thougth top pair.

He had T7 of spades.

SWUSC