PDA

View Full Version : PokerBot

james stuftom
02-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey everybody,
I know a guy at work who says he downloaded a PokerBot from www.PokerBot-Pro.com (http://www.PokerBot-Pro.com) and swears he makes money with it on party poker. I am not sure if i believe him. Has anyone else used it? I look forward to hearing from you.
james

Daliman
02-19-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey everybody,
I know a guy at work who says he downloaded a PokerBot from www.PokerBot-Pro.com (http://www.PokerBot-Pro.com) and swears he makes money with it on party poker. I am not sure if i believe him. Has anyone else used it? I look forward to hearing from you.
james

[/ QUOTE ]

*Sigh*

Ok, let's see. Say you're a computer programmer, who has come up with a bot that can consitantly beat poker websites. Do you

A. Have the bot play constantly and make the same $750 to $1500 a day that you claim it can make on your website, thus making $300K+ a year with no further effort?
B. Sell this bot for $39.95@ to ANYONE, thus allowing poker sites not only to purchase one and program against it, but also severely hamper your own bots earning potential by making the games it plays in harder. If you have a GREAT year, you MAY sell 5000 of these, which would be $200,000, but after that sales would dip significantly as the viability and profitability drops in the ever toughening games.

sumdumguy
02-19-2005, 06:10 PM
This is kinda silly but, you and this guy from work..

Do you both work for PokerBot?

gasoltub
02-20-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is kinda silly but, you and this guy from work..

Do you both work for PokerBot?

[/ QUOTE ]

And I get this kinda silly feeling that perhaps there is no "guy from work"...

MattC
02-20-2005, 04:34 AM
getting these sites which really try to sell what they are selling with big bright colors and bold and caps, its similar to those newest invention commercials on tv.

on top of it, the picture they have of the account with 46,xxx dollars i think is fake. I have more then 1k in my account and it has no coma to distinguish the thousands from the hundreds.

All in all its full of crap i think.

Rick Nebiolo
02-20-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey everybody,
james

[/ QUOTE ]

*Sigh*

Ok, let's see. Say you're a computer programmer, who has come up with a bot that can consitantly beat poker websites. Do you

A. Have the bot play constantly and make the same $750 to $1500 a day that you claim it can make on your website, thus making $300K+ a year with no further effort?
B. Sell this bot for $39.95@ to ANYONE, thus allowing poker sites not only to purchase one and program against it, but also severely hamper your own bots earning potential by making the games it plays in harder. If you have a GREAT year, you MAY sell 5000 of these, which would be $200,000, but after that sales would dip significantly as the viability and profitability drops in the ever toughening games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reply makes so much sense that it makes me wish I had more time to check out more of your posts /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

Shoe
02-20-2005, 08:57 AM
I'm an ex-computer programmer, and I keep planning to write a bot, because then I could really live my dream of doing nothing. However, I spend too much time at the tables and/or yahoo games.

However, I agree, If I ever wrote a winning bot I would be reaping the rewards for as long as I could. Once it stops becoming profitable, only then would I consider selling it for a large sum of cash.

FredJones888
02-20-2005, 10:21 AM
You forgot a few things.

1. Selling software is legal and if you have a profitable business you get to keep the money.

2. If you get caught using a bot you will lose your money.

3. your bot will have swings like a human player which requires a bankroll, unless it cheats of course.

4. If you use your bots to cheat you are a worse scumbag than the guy who sells the bots.

Freakin
02-20-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm actually curious what this pokerbot download contains. Someone should buy it for me.

Freakin

GuidoSarducci
02-20-2005, 07:41 PM
Wow.. If this isn't the most blatent advertising post I've ever seen.

Check out the number of posts this guy has... 'Nuff said.

Wally Weeks
02-20-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey everybody,
james

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I'd like to "thank" you for spamming the message board. Second, programming a poker bot is not a trivial task. While you might be able to make money in the micro and low limits due to awful play from the current supply of fish, a rule based bot would do rather poorly as the limits increased. I suspect anything that this place sells is not doing any sort of sophisticated opponent modeling, etc.

Regards,
Wally

BugsBunny
02-20-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure if i believe him

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very sure that I don't believe him, or you (who are probably one and the same person).

Let's see what phoniness/discrepencies we can find:
1) At the top of the site is a "testimonial" dated Feb 1, 2005 stating that the person downloaded the program 2 days previously (which would be Jan 30, 2005). There's one problem with this. The pokerbot-pro.com domain didn't even exist until Feb 2, 2005:
Record last updated on 02-Feb-2005.
Record expires on 02-Feb-2006.
Record created on 02-Feb-2005.

2) There's a section of the site that states
The PokerBot Pro can only remain effective if few people have access to it. That is why I am going to take down this web site on <date appears here> and never offer the PokerBot Pro to the public again.

The interesting thing about this is that the <date appears here> portion is a date, generated via javascript, which simply plugs in the current date + 2. So that the "expiration date" is actually phony (what a surprise).

That's more than enough. Stay away. Stay far away.

james stuftom
02-20-2005, 09:08 PM
wow man you guys are really cynical. I was simply asking a question I never said I thought the PokerBot worked I have not downloaded it yet. I think I am going to try it though just because I am curious and I will report back what happens. I don't know about all that java script stuff just sounds like marketing to me.

Chairman Wood
02-20-2005, 09:50 PM
One of the reasons why people are so cynical is the simple fact that this is cheating. You aren't going to get very far a poker forum with people that work very hard on their games asking questions about a tool used to cheat at poker. You are simply asking for a flaming and I am VERY suprised the replies haven't been harsher.

BradleyT
02-21-2005, 03:00 AM
The picture of the party account on the page has an email address of:

david_xxxxx1975@hotmail.com or something pretty close to it

I'm sure party can easily figure out who this is.

Oh and they live in Canada, Ontario it looks like.

WHOIS info
Registrant: Stephen
<<address removed>>
Domain name: POKERBOT-PRO.COM

Daliman
02-21-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You forgot a few things.

1. Selling software is legal and if you have a profitable business you get to keep the money.

2. If you get caught using a bot you will lose your money.

3. your bot will have swings like a human player which requires a bankroll, unless it cheats of course.

4. If you use your bots to cheat you are a worse scumbag than the guy who sells the bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well

#1 Not guaranteed profitable though. Playing online poker is currently legal, and you get to keep that $$$.

#2 If you are a really good programmer, you can likely make it undetectable. Maybe not though, im no expert in this. Worth the risk though, especially since you are trying to sell something which in this case will get your CUSTOMERS accounts locked.

#3. Ok, so get $600, out it on a single 1-2 table, and if it makes 2BB's an hour on average, it will be playing at the 30-60 level within 7 days using a 300 BB bankroll as the standard threshhold. Wouldn't need to cheat, and likely couldn't anyways.

#4 Duh.

zerosum
02-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I'll bet that if you buy in bulk, you'll get a discount price on a certain New York City bridge.

Jman28
02-21-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey everybody,
james

[/ QUOTE ]

*Sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]

Great explanation.

Is anyone else really curious as to what the program actually is? I want to buy it just to find out, but I don't wanna give this guy my money.

-Jman28

Terry
02-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Yep. The cashier screen shot is doctored. There is no comma separator in the real thing.

Good work by BugsBunny on spotting the phonied up dates too.

I’m curious to know what the guy is up to, but not curious enough to give him money. If anyone does buy it just to have a look, be sure you know how to stop this supposed bot from accessing the internet – the guy is dishonest and clever, a dangerous combination.

guitarhero14
02-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Learn to play! Nothing else to say.

Jman28
02-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Let's all email him (glazen@gmail.com) and tell him how well the program has worked for us.

guitarhero14
02-21-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's all email him (glazen@gmail.com) and tell him how well the program has worked for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dariel86
02-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Ye tell him you did a slight modification to the programm, and you are dragging in +4000$ / hour at partys 30/60. You might sell this upgrade to him for 10000$ /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lasseter
02-21-2005, 08:57 PM
I am in software development and I did buy a reasonably expensibe bot once last year to play with it. It was fully programmable and quite sophisticated. I didn't honestly believe I could turn it loose on the internet and reap the profits but I *was curious*.

I found that at at the lowest possible limit game on the site I tried .25/.50 it could more or less hold its own after I customized it's behavior. At any higher limits or a no limit game it lost it's ass. Both because it couldn't bet well in a no limit game and didn't have an ocean of fish to fleece.

A good poker bot would be incredibly sophisticated and anybody who actually wrote one that could be successfull at a 10/20 game or mid level nl game, say 100 buy in would be foolish to sell it. They could reap the profits and have very little chance of detection, since nobody else would have the bot.

My .02 cents. If it is too good to be true, it is.

gasoltub
02-22-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, I just did /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I downloaded your free pokerbot-pro with bittorrent a week ago. I can't believe your'e giving away such a brilliant program for free! I feel so stupid because I almost bought it from your website before I realized that you are giving it away for free as well.

I have made over a $3000 on Party $3/$6 the last week and I think I'm gonna let it play in even higher levels soon.

Please let me know when an update is available for download on bittorrent.

thank you very much!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoe
02-22-2005, 06:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, he is going to be getting all these emails about how good his program works, and he probably hasn't even sold one yet

gasoltub
02-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Do as I did, and tell him you downloaded the program for free somewhere. That will make him happy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gasoltub
02-22-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, I just did /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I downloaded your free pokerbot-pro with bittorrent a week ago. I can't believe your'e giving away such a brilliant program for free! I feel so stupid because I almost bought it from your website before I realized that you are giving it away for free as well.

I have made over a $3000 on Party $3/$6 the last week and I think I'm gonna let it play in even higher levels soon.

Please let me know when an update is available for download on bittorrent.

thank you very much!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got a reply from mr glazen:
[ QUOTE ]

I a glad to hear you are having so much so sucess! Best of luck to you
my friend!
david glazen

[/ QUOTE ]

Good spelling btw.

guitarhero14
02-22-2005, 10:28 AM
LoL that is awesome!

_And1_
02-22-2005, 08:41 PM
The africans sending out scam mails have to do something dont they? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DogRockets
02-22-2005, 11:18 PM
The guy is selling Poker Inspector paired with Autoit, a macro program that "pushes" the buttons based on your Poker Inspector profile... nuff said.

gasoltub
02-22-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy is selling Poker Inspector paired with Autoit, a macro program that "pushes" the buttons based on your Poker Inspector profile... nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know?

DogRockets
02-22-2005, 11:38 PM
From reading a post on another forum, actually Poker Inspector forum, where they were alerting the author of Poker Inspector about the guy. Was also posted on RGP...

http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352

gasoltub
02-23-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From reading a post on another forum, actually Poker Inspector forum, where they were alerting the author of Poker Inspector about the guy. Was also posted on RGP...

http://www.pokerinspector.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I see. I kinda thought you had actually bought the sh*t. My apologies.

jnglegeo
02-24-2005, 06:42 PM
went to the website out of curiosity and was scratching my head until I read the disclaimer, its interesting. The guy admits using a fake name, says makes no promises as to the accuracy of the claims and that there is no guarantee aside from the warranty that it will work, whole thing sounds like someone trying to sell ice cubes to eskimos

Pinga
02-24-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The africans sending out scam mails ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! I thought that same thing. You owe me a beer.

You guys know about the pokibot site where you can program your own bot? Interesting stuff.

University of Alberta Computer Poker Research Group (http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/poker/)
--
Pinga
Bonus link (http://www.419eater.com/)