PDA

View Full Version : Folded to Button, Range of hands to play

mcreech65
02-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Not sure what range of hands I should be raising, calling, and folding when I am on the button and it is folded to me. Assume a fairly full table 7-10 players.

Currently I am raising 3 times the BB with any Pocket Pair, most aces, any two face cards, and sometimes suited connectors. Am I raising with two much or not enough?

The other option would be too call with hands like K-10 offsuit, 10-9 suited, and A-8 offsuit and then bet the pot if was checked to me. This might have less risk and control the size of the pot a little better.

RobGW
02-19-2005, 01:41 PM
It depends on a lot of things. How high are the blinds? Early on it might not even be worth raising with marginal hands. Later with higher blinds on the bubble I would raise with a lot more because the blinds are worth stealing and people are playing tighter to try to make the $$. You also have to consider who is in the blinds. Do they defend their blinds often? How do they play after the flop? An aggressive player may steal the pot from you. A weak player will check and let you steal it if you should miss.

Benholio
02-19-2005, 02:55 PM
In the early blind stages I remain pretty tight from the button. Once the blinds get to 50/100 and higher, I will generally try to steal with the range of hands you mention.