PDA

View Full Version : Major Tilt - How bad was my play ?

sourbeaver
02-19-2005, 12:50 PM
I've never played 100NL 6-max before, but one of my favorite "buddies" was sitting there so I sat in to bust him, which I did 30 minutes later. The table emptied when he sat out and I was left with one guy for one last hand. I had built a LAG image, raising quite a bit in late position and attacking pots.
Anyway, here's the last hand I played, and shouldn't have played because I was tilted to the max, combination of a huge suckout which had me finish in 3rd place of a MTT, and some fish calling me down at 50NL and hitting a runner runner flush, all in a very small time frame.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 100NL (6 max, 2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($222.9)
SB ($164.5)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls $4.

Flop: ($12) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>, SB calls $30.

Turn: ($112) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $50</font>, Hero calls $30.

River: ($212) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB calls $58.50 (All-In), Hero calls $58.50.

Final Pot: $329

theredpill5
02-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Given your LAG image at this table he could be raising you on the flop with a pair of 6's. I would call the raise on the flop and see the turn. SB checks and I would check. River if he bets over $20 , I'm folding. That's how I would play it.

Caruso329
02-19-2005, 01:09 PM
I like your flop play, but his min. raise could mean trouble (two pair or a more likely set). Check behind on the turn. When he check/raised you I would have to let it go. He's telling you he's not worried about the six. A set -&gt; full boat seems very likely at this point. Fold the river.

Chris Dow
02-19-2005, 01:17 PM
You guys are probably giving him a lot more hand than he needs but definitely 3 6's at least are screaming at you on the turn. You gotta get away from it there. I don't mind the value bet on the turn in this hu situation rather than taking a free card. Obvious fold though when after the previous action goes down he turns out to be check raising you.

Caruso329
02-19-2005, 01:26 PM
If I was villain I wouldn't min raise and then call another $30 raise on top of that with TPTK (just a 6) on the flop. Even against a lag. I'm still giving villain credit for a set, two pair, or maybe even an overpair bigger than Hero's. But I don't think an overpair would check/raise that turn. So I'm sticking with a full boat as villain's final hand.

Chris Dow
02-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Not to be nitpicky but when you say two pair you clearly must mean two pair on the flop with a 6 in it that improves to a boat. The other two pair on the flop gets counterfeited and loses to tens over 6's and any two pair involving a pocket pair is approximately a 50/50 proposition for our hero. I may be over estimating the fact that they are playing heads up, like not just heads up on the flop but heads up preflop, but I am giving the player he is playing against credit for adjusting some to playing heads up and that means top pair turns into near gold (until proven otherwise) and would be played a lot stronger than at full ring.

Caruso329
02-19-2005, 01:56 PM
lol you're right.. I forgot that this was heads-up.. Maybe you should post this is the HU and Short-handed forum OP.

sourbeaver
02-19-2005, 02:22 PM
He showed 69o and I blew a fuse.

That was my session's profit, too.

Caruso329
02-19-2005, 02:33 PM
rofl, A BOAT! (even though it came on the river) Oh who's good?

sourbeaver
02-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Still, he just had TP sh*t kicker on the flop and called a raise, either he really thinks I'm pushing him around, or he's just plain bad.

All in all, I still can't believe I paid him off that huge, this is the biggest pot I've ever lost, and it hurt even more at the time since it was to be my last hand of the day even before the cards were dealt. Oh well, very good lesson learned.

Towards tiltlessness I go !!

AncientPC
02-20-2005, 12:39 AM
This is Party 100 right? Raising to $4 is only min raising, why don't you raise it to $8 - $10? Unless you raised to $6 and SB calls $4 more (but I still think you should've raised more pre-flop if you knew he was pretty loose).

Given the fact that completed / called in SB, this ragged flop actually could've hit him pretty hard.

The turn was a really nasty card that you didn't want to see, and given the fact that he check raised you on the flop and is reraising you on the turn I would probably fold this hand. You're behind pretty much any overpair, and he apparently really likes his hand.

sourbeaver
02-20-2005, 01:21 PM
When I looked back at the history before posting it, I really despised my min-raise, I guess I was just thinking he'll give his blind up and I'll sit out.

You are right about the rag flop and him holding pretty much any hand at that point. He wasn't all that loose either, I was the slightly loose very aggro one at the table. My table image actually played against me because on the flop I really thought he was calling just about any hand thinking I was full of it. This hand made me realize I was not yet meant for a LAG style, if I had been playing my regular 15ish VPIP game, he probably would've let go of top pair crap kicker on the flop .. right ?

Anyway, the flop play LAG-style is really the most stressful to figure out for me. I'm used to be successful when I steal, and not having to bet much for it. Now everytime I get called and I haven't hit, I don't know where the hell I'm going. I also found myself pulling some pretty Krazy bluffs out there, some working, some not, but I still think this is just not me at these levels.

I'm actually experiencing the double-poker-personna. That is, I'll usually play a tad reckless, quite LAGish style in a home game where the buy-in is like 10$, but I can't bring myself to play that way when I'm out there to make real meaningful money.

Ah, this is all a work in progress, thanks for the replies !

AncientPC
02-20-2005, 04:36 PM
He may have checkraised thinking you're on missed big broadway trying to steal the pot, but after the reraise he probably knew he was behind and (incorrectly) called anyway.

However he sucked out on the turn and caught trips and you couldn't get away from your hand. /images/graemlins/frown.gif