PDA

View Full Version : Turning Stone dealing question

perfectm
02-19-2005, 12:25 PM
So I was watching the replay of the turning stone tournament on FSN last night, and noticed that the dealers were dealing VERY slowly and methodically. Deal a card, move it to the middle, slide it to the player. Repeat. Then on the flop. Burn a card, move it to the middle, move it to the muck. Then deal three cards slowly, and flip them over slowly. and so on and so on. It was at the point of 3 handed at the final table and moving at a snails pace.

So my question is, since I have an upcoming trip there, do the dealers deal like that for all their games at all their poker tables? Or was this some exception for the final table?

slavic
02-19-2005, 01:50 PM
I can't imagine that they would in a raked game. It would cost them too much money.

Kevmath
02-19-2005, 02:03 PM
I believe it was done like that because they were using special cards for that table. If you notice, the cards get really warped towards the end of that event.

Kevin...

perfectm
02-19-2005, 02:14 PM
that would make sense. I did notice the cards getting warped as they lay them on the camera area, you could see them lifting up at the edges.

PokerFink
02-19-2005, 02:56 PM
I was at the Stone for that tournament. I did not ask anyone official about this, but the buzz around the tournament room was that there was some sort of scanner under the table, and that the cards had some sort of chip in them (RFID?). The dealers had to deal like that so that the scanners could read the cards and display them on TV. No idea why they did this instead of using hole cameras. Was probably driving the players insane.

Again, I'm not positive about this, but that is what I heard many times.

As for the dealers in cash games, hell no, they definitely don't do this. TStone dealers for the most part are a pretty good bunch, and very friendly. I have yet to see a dealer or floor manager mess up a decision.