PDA

View Full Version : live hand with orangeheat. 3betting AQo out of the BB

TStoneMBD
02-19-2005, 09:09 AM
amazing 20/40 tstone game. the raiser in this hand just went on a massive upswing chasing garbage to the river, and his raise is probably just positive tilt, as hes erratic preflop. sometimes he will limp in MP with TT, while raising with T7s. i thought if i 3bet preflop, there would be a good chance to knock at least one of the limpers out. besides orangeheat, the other players are limping and coldcalling with total junk.

Hero is BB with AdQx

3 players limp, MP raises, CO coldcalls, SB folds, Hero 3bets, 2 calls, 1 fold, MP calls, Co calls.

flop: 9dTd5x (5players)
Hero bets, UTG (Orangeheat) raises, 1 fold, MP calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

turn: 3x (3players)
Hero checks, UTG bets, MP calls, Hero calls

river: Qd
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP calls.

results to follow.

anatta
02-19-2005, 10:16 AM
I like how you played this hand.

Preflop, since you have little fear of being dominated, your AQo is a pretty big hand, despite the big field. Just calling and planning to check-raise almost any flop is okay too if you think it will be checked to the raiser and he'll bet, but I like the three-bet more since you think some of the limpers might fold.

By betting the flop, I think you'll usually see the turn for the same price as checking. Checking is free, but it sometimes emboldens opponents to raises and re-raises. By betting, they at least have to think about big pair and might let you draw cheaper to your overcards/backdoor. Worked out great as you don't mind too much one raise and a limited field.

Turn its an odds game. You are getting something like 14:1. A six outter is 7:1, but your outs are tainted due to flush and coordiated board. Read: they have some kind of hand or draw, maybe one has a hand the other a draw, or both could be drawing or both have a hand. I have eliminated either player having both a hand AND a draw. Sorry. Pot big, got outs, call.

River: Finally a pair! You bet which is fine. As I am sure you know, getting raised would suck, but I'd call almost always unless real real sure I just had to be beat. Nice hand hope you won.

TStoneMBD
02-21-2005, 04:12 AM
well thank you anatta for your reply, at least someone cares.

orangeheat showed 9Ts and button showed 47d. mhing.