PDA

View Full Version : How did I do here?

adasda
02-19-2005, 08:21 AM
I had two pair on the flop and tried to play aggressively to push out the other players. However, I lost to a passive player.

Should I have played this differently?

0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

pointcount
02-19-2005, 08:26 AM
this probably belongs in the shorthanded forum but I'll give it a shot.

Flop and turn are fine. I think raising the river is not the best move here. It really does look like he has made a flush or worst case 2 pair in which case he has you beat. Occasionally villan may show down with a lesser hand but I think in most cases the option with the best proposition would be simply calling his river bet.

trentcroad
02-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Id prob just call went bet into when the 3rd heart comes but again im no SH expert.

_bustedflush_
02-19-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure when you decided that SB was passive, but if I'm him and I'm holding JT, I play like this. Personally, with a flush draw and 3 callers, I'd 3bet the flop, but otherwise this would be the line. Call the river.