PDA

View Full Version : working on some pranks...

Jake (The Snake)
02-19-2005, 06:19 AM
I know a bunch of threads have been started on pranks, but all pranks are situation-dependent. Here's mine:

Me and a couple buddies of mine want to prank all the members of this one suite. There is a middle room which nobody sleeps in, and two bedrooms connected to the middle room. We have access to the middle room at night so we want to do something in the middle room on a weekend night, that way they wake up, come into the middle room on their way out and get a shock.

We have already decided to do the classic cups of water prank in which tons of cups of water are put all over the floor.

Also, I have thought about doing post-its or balloons in a similar way. I really would like to do balloons but it doesnt seem practical.

In general, we don't want these to be mean pranks. Annoying is fine, but no poop or piss is what I'm talking about.

[censored]
02-19-2005, 07:38 AM
What if you wrapped and covered everything in newspapaer?

I'm talking about wallpapering the walls top to bottom, wrapping all of the furniture, and lining all the floors. You would need a [censored] load of newspaper and tape but it would be funny as hell without causing damage. It may take too long though.

Caruso329
02-19-2005, 08:14 AM
The same could be done with Saran wrap or duct tape.

Freakin
02-19-2005, 01:09 PM
On tin foil

siccjay
02-19-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On tin foil

[/ QUOTE ]

or poop

The Armchair
02-19-2005, 03:39 PM
The trick to pulling off a good prank is to know your victim. The best one we ever pulled was on a kid who had a rather austere wardrobe -- Brooks Brothers was low-end. We "borrowed" all his shoes other than a left penny loafter and a right shower sandle (flip flop). He had to walk around with mismatched shoes all day.

But generically, my theory has always been to hit hard with a lot of minor pranks at once.

First, you are begging for retaliation. And people do not retaliate without creative means. So, fill the field.

Second, there's a snowball effect. Each one is more effective than the next simple because pranks frustrate the target, and a frustrated target is easy to further irk.

And finally, the story is great -- how you and your buds pulled off a dozen pranks at once.

My other "rule" is that pranks should not be obvious. It's better if the prank is not so obvious that the victim knows he is, well, being victimized. The shoe prank does that nicely, but the cup prank kills that.

With that in mind, I'd study their weekend-morning habits for a bit (I assume you're in college), and figure it out from there. Everything you gather is important. Report back here and we'll come up with a list /images/graemlins/smile.gif