PDA

View Full Version : JTs on the button

davidross
09-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Online 2/4. One MP limper and a poster in the cutoff. I call from the button with Js Ts. (Is this a good spot to raise?) Both blinds play.

*** FLOP *** : [ Tc 3h 7c ]

SB bets, BB folds, MP raises and poster folds. What's my play?

I chose to fold. This was really hard for me to do. I hate folding top pair. But I was determined to play tight last night. Is this an easy fold for most of you or too tight?

MP had QT so I was drawing very thin, and SB had bottom pair that turned into trips when a 3 fell on the turn.

Jeffage
09-05-2002, 04:27 PM
I think it's an easy fold. They don't both have flush draws, and a 10 probably outkicks you..also someone could have an even stronger hand. The pot is small, and I'd fold.

Jeff

BB King's
09-05-2002, 05:49 PM
* Online 2/4. One MP limper and a poster in the cutoff. I call from the button with Js Ts. (Is this a good spot to raise?) Both blinds play. * I would just call. You don't have high-card potential to go for a short-handed pot.

* [ Tc 3h 7c ] ... SB bets, BB folds, MP raises and poster folds. What's my play? * This is a good flop for you. But when there is a bet and a raise I would fold. One has to listen to the action !?

Just my opinion, BB King's ... formerly known as the pokerplayer formerly known as Jack

Ed Miller
09-05-2002, 06:48 PM
I am much more inclined to raise pre-flop the more blind money there is. With the CO poster, I would definitely have raised JTs in this situation.

DougL
09-05-2002, 07:56 PM
I have zero experience on line. I'm with majorkong on this one.

There are 2.5 blinds in the pot and no one has taken an active interest in stealing. OTOH, JTs plays fine multiway. My inclination would be to raise, but it would depend on the likely reaction of the other players. If you can fold most of the field and claim any A or K as a card to bluff, I'd raise. If the field will call, I don't want to make the pot bigger BTF with JTs without more callers.

Once the flop hit and there is a bet and a raise, you made a good fold. If you had raised BTF and the other players were folders, you could raise the flop and represent AT or TT. Since you didn't raise, you almost have to muck.

To say more, I'd have to understand the kind of players in the game better. Anyone care to explain this sort of game to a poor B&M player?

Good Luck,

Doug

Clarkmeister
09-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Raising preflop here is just fine. I'd probabaly do it 75% of the time.

On the flop, either 3-bet or fold, IMO. In a dream world, you drive out the blind and get it headsup with a flush draw. The key is that in that position, he isn't very likely to be free card raising. Its a little player dependant, but against "normal" players I lean towards folding.

yct
09-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Depends on what type of cards does MP play preflop. Against the right opponent, folding can be the right play here as you don't even have back door flush potential and the pot is relatively small.

Vehn
09-05-2002, 11:47 PM
Good laydown.

Preflop I raise here as I have position on the poster and would like to get it heads up with the limper. Change the poster to a limper and I limp IMO. Hell, you have to limp with something.