PDA

View Full Version : O8 11's on Party

chickenbeaks
02-19-2005, 04:01 AM
Tried 3 just for funzies. Placed in all of them. Lots of split pots at the end. Anyone else do well with these?

ZebraAss
02-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Do you have experience in ring 08 games? I have tried a few SNG's but don’t totally understand the strategy(probably because I haven’t studied it…at all)

Playing those for "funzies" is a good idea.

Benholio
02-19-2005, 03:00 PM
I played some $30+3's for fun (Pot Limit), mixed in with my normal sng's, and had similar results. Placed 2nd and 3rd in the two I played (despite major chip leads in both).

Seemed to me there was 1-3 real players each at these (much like hold'em, huh?). I almost always had a big edge when getting my money in, with not much risk of doing worse than a split.

wiggs73
02-19-2005, 03:02 PM
I placed in the 1 that I've played. Small sample size, eh? But most of the players seemed to have no clue about the game when you saw the hands they played.

Bigwig
02-19-2005, 04:16 PM
I actually prefer limit games when it's an 8 or lower game (stud or omaha). I've done okay in my funzie omaha events. I always play at a low level (5+.50 or 10+1). Omaha is kind of nuts after you play HE for a long time. The extra hole cards make trips/straights/flushes such a high probability, that you simply must play patient/hit your flop poker. Amazingly, I can tell that I'm a better omaha player than most of those at the aforementioned levels despite my experience.

One thing I've never seen is a solid list of good O8 starting hands. That's something I'd be curious about. I mean, everybody knows A2s, AAxx, AKQJ, etc., but I'd like to see how solid a hand like JsTs9d9c is.