PDA

View Full Version : Our Award Winning Movie

mmbt0ne
02-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Ok, don't expect too much out of this, but our movie won Best Documentary tonight at Georgia Tech's CampusMovieFest. Since maybe 3 of you know what this is, Apple and Delta and some other companies give student teams a crappy Canon camera, an iBook, a bunch of free local music, and a week to make a movie about some theme. If you want more info on the whole deal, go to www.campusmoviefest.com (http://www.campusmoviefest.com)

Check out the movie if you're on a high speed connection, it's about 100MB, don't ask me why, I didn't edit/compress it. If someone out there knows what they are doing and wants to make it smaller, that would be awesome. I know, the site is shi[/i]tty, only 2 links along the side work right now, and I generally suck at all things internet, but at least humor me while I'm on my high from winning $300 with a group of friends. Also, seriously, please don't stream the first 3 movies, they're on a friend's server, and for some reason it hates streaming.

If you get really bored check out the other two older movies too, they're funnier, but not as well done (not that this one is any work of art). 'What Makes a Great Movie' was completely ripped off this year by a group that made a stop-action movie in one week entirely out of legos. I believe it took 2800 still-frames, and about 58 hours of work. They say imitation is the finest form of flattery, and this other group made a GREAT movie. When it goes up, I'll put a link to it.

http://www.f2f2s.com/movies.html

thirddan
02-19-2005, 03:56 AM
congrats...

some students at my school do a similar contest, but they have 24 hours to make a short film based on some prompt, and they compete against other schools...my schools film sucked ass last year /images/graemlins/frown.gif

mmbt0ne
02-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Yeah, we're 3 for 3 now with high ranking movies.

2002 - 3rd in Women's Awareness Month, 2nd Overall (you HAVE to see the movie to appreciate the women's awareness award)

2003 - 3rd Overall, shown at the FOX Theatre (and got more laughs than anyone else)

2004 - 1st Documentary, hoping for a FOX selection

Now we're trying to bribe the judges into some kind of Lifetime Acheivement Award for next year.