PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nuts played correctly??

zaxx19
02-19-2005, 03:31 AM
Loosish PP 50$ table/Ive shown medium looseness(My QQ got caught by KK postflop on a paired board)/but have shown down some strong hands in huge pots.

J10s Ep---just the type of hand I want with a large stack on a loosish pp 50 table( I had like 140$ish) I limp as do 4 others... sb completes ~5 BUCKS IN THE POT.

Flop comes 89Q (2 diamonds I have none) ABSOLUTE NUTS

I throw out 3 bucks into a draw heavy board looking to get reraised bc its that type of table and with like 5 stragglers behind me well honestly there is a good chance ill either get reraised or get multiple callers..which isnt that bad given how small the pot is right now.

Mp(50$ish)smooth calls and other large stack (130$ish)reraises to 6 bucks.

There is now 14 or 15 bucks in the pot.....I bet the pot looking for a reraise from the large stack as he plays his draws aggressively...and 15 looks like a bet I can allow myself to get away from.(thoughts) He has gone to the felt with flush draws before as long as he was the pusher..

15 also makes it incorrect to call with even a very strong draw...allowing for an OESFD...WHICH IM WILLING TO GAMBLE WITH ANYWAY)

A set probably needs to push or call here..
2 pair might push and TPGK might get frisky and push.

Basically im trying to get into a huge pot with the other big stack and break him.

MP calls and big stack folds commenting NB....

Now MP has put in like 40% of his stack..he likes his hand or is on a HUGE draw.

Turn is a total brick like 2h...I push the pot is larger than his stack here and I cant think of another amount to bet....

Can I check on such a draw heavy board?? I dont think so.

Could I have bet 5-10 dollars(faux blocking bet..) hoping he reraises bc he has me on a draw?? Maybe?

Any thoughts on the two post flop actions would be appreciated...I took down a fairly large pot but came away thinking I might have blown some value....but that I protected a very strong hand on a draw heavy board.