PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Love!!!! (Low Content)

Doctor Jay
02-19-2005, 03:30 AM
Well, everyone said it would happen. I played about 16K hands at 2/4 and was beating it for 4BB/100. So I moved to 3/6 and was at 2.7BB/100 over my first 5K hands. However, tonight, took a 125BB downswing over about 900 hands. It was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. Just one example, had AK 15 times and won 0%, that's zero times!!! I'm not asking "should I move down", "am I really a winning player", "has anyone had this happen" or crap like that. I just wanted to thank these boards for preparing me for the inevitable. Believe it or not, I tilted none to very little and I've spent the last hour examining hands to see if I could have minimized the damage better. I look forward to my next upswing, and I will not play scared. Thanks again, had I not been prepared, it would be much worse.

DJ

Moozh
02-19-2005, 06:54 AM
It happens, you know it, you'll get it back.

That said, only one 100bb downswing over 20k hands is very fortuitous (in my experience). It'll happen again, and each time will be easier than the last.

The most important thing, don't let yourself play scared. I know when I go through a downswing I'll find myself calling down when I should be betting. Keep on your game and stay focused.