PDA

View Full Version : Showers...

Edge34
02-19-2005, 03:15 AM
Came up during a random conversation me and MEbenhoe had while at Canterbury earlier tonight...note two normal college students, 19 (him) and 20.

We both agreed while talking about how messed up our schedules are, that a nice long shower is a perhaps one of the college student's better luxuries. Sure, the dorms suck. Sure, the food sucks. Sure, your professors suck. But taking a 30-minute shower and not worrying about hot water running out, even sometimes almost falling asleep (and sometimes drinking a beer)...that's great.

MEbenhoe: "Showers are my second favorite thing in the world to do."

Agreed. Discuss. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Clarkmeister
02-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Screw the showers, how's my boy coz doing?

wcsherry
02-19-2005, 03:20 AM
half the shower heads were always gone due to theft at any given time in my dorm, so we were not afforded the luxury or your 30 minute showers.

Tron
02-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Mmmm... I do indeed love a nice long shower more than most things in the world. The showerheads in my dorm are complete trash, though... I'm thinking of buying my own.

Not to mention the fact that I have a very small range of temperatures in which I'm comfortable showering, and the flush of a toilet raises the shower temperature at least 10 degrees. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

bholdr
02-19-2005, 03:38 AM
when i was in shcool there was a guy that went to the showers with a crescent wrench and a high-pressure showerhead. he changed that fuker out every time before his shower and put the chit one back on when he was done. i forgot all about that till i read your post. he went through a lot of plumbinng tape.

Popinjay
02-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Did it go like this?

showers are great conversation occurs
Edge34 and MEbenhoe both sigh, pause, look at each other
cut to Edge34 and MEbenhoe showering together

captZEEbo1
02-19-2005, 03:56 AM
I LOVE taking nice, long showers with infinite hot water. Going back home where I only get hot water for 10 minutes before it turns to coldness has become death.

daryn
02-19-2005, 04:24 AM
i guess i don't get this. in my house there is always hot water. every shower i take is 20+ minutes.

Reef
02-19-2005, 04:30 AM
showers= overrated

quote that sh!t

Rick Nebiolo
02-19-2005, 04:32 AM
When I was young (I'm now old enough to tell "when I was young" stories) I had to take military type showers. To this day I take efficient showers and don't waste water, but then again I'm an anal retentive nit.

~ Rick

ethan
02-19-2005, 06:24 AM
If I'm really, really drunk and need a good place to pass out I'll do so in my shower if possible. The hot water never runs out: I could be in there 6 hours and the water'll still be warm. (This is in my apartment complex, not in a dorm. I have the master bedroom, so no one else is waiting for me to get my drunk ass out of the shower.)

Beer in the shower's also nice, although it's not something I encounter all that often these days. During my undergrad years we'd sometimes have a leftover keg in the shower after a party - my dorm was set up so that each 6-person suite had two showers separated by a curtained-off space. You leave the keg in the middle, take a shower on one side, and refill your beer as necessary.

Wakko
02-19-2005, 07:38 AM
I think people who don't shower at least daily are disgusting. Agree?

Showers are really awesome. The last time I flew to Australia I had the best shower like an hour after I landed.

There really should be some sort of poll in this thread.

Clarkmeister
02-19-2005, 08:47 AM
True, but you are our nit. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freakin
02-19-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i guess i don't get this. in my house there is always hot water. every shower i take is 20+ minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

except when I wake up late... my fiance can't understand it. I just wish my [censored] body had pockets I could rest my hands in.

Freakin

deacsoft
02-19-2005, 01:25 PM
My girlfriend and I always shower together so naturally I love long showers. However, I must admit I love baths much more.

Jack of Arcades
02-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Our bathtub is small as all hell. Maybe if I had a larger one I'd enjoy it.

pshreck
02-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Nothing is worse than running a bath, then the water cooling off before the tub fills. Anything below hot, hot water makes me not want to get in. So essentially, I wasted the last hot water I had left and don't get to soak.

astroglide
02-19-2005, 03:53 PM
eldiablo likes them just to piss and [censored] all over the place

Edge34
02-20-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, he told me about one of his first posts ever here ending up with you, Ed, and Mason all on his case. Got a good laugh out of that. Yesterday at Canterbury was the first time I ever met the guy (he dragged Schneids out of his apartment to play some)...good times. Apparently he tried to introduce a rock into his 3/6 game and not even the dealer knew what the hell he was talking about. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Edge34
02-20-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did it go like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was staying at Schneids' place. I won't jump to conclusions, but I was sure as HELL not there...

MEbenhoe
02-20-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, he told me about one of his first posts ever here ending up with you, Ed, and Mason all on his case. Got a good laugh out of that. Yesterday at Canterbury was the first time I ever met the guy (he dragged Schneids out of his apartment to play some)...good times. Apparently he tried to introduce a rock into his 3/6 game and not even the dealer knew what the hell he was talking about. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark wasnt referring to me in that post, he meant how's Vehn doing.

MEbenhoe
02-20-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did it go like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was staying at Schneids' place. I won't jump to conclusions, but I was sure as HELL not there...

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure as hell weren't here cuz you weren't invited /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I heard you've been spending a lot of time over at Bicyclekick's place anyways.

Edge34
02-20-2005, 02:56 AM
Well, shows what I know. I haven't seen Vehn in months...makes sense though, Chris - coz.

Meh.

AncientPC
02-20-2005, 04:08 AM
People peed, jacked off, clogged up the toilets with their dumps, and cut their hair in the bathroom / showers when I was living in a dorm. I would not like to go back.