PDA

View Full Version : Hand for the day.

lorinda
02-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Not as interesting as some, but I suspect half of the people here will think it's routine and half will think it's reckless.

From what I've seen, table is quite a solid tight table apart from BB who has already got all his remaining chips in with K4o from EP and managed to chop.
MP2 is on all three of my tables and is playing a very solid game.
Haven't really noticed the CO but I believe he's not played much other than to set the BB in with his own K4 for a small all in.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed)

MP1 (t760)
MP2 (t730)
MP3 (t775)
CO (t718)
Button (t850)
Hero (t785)
BB (t102)
UTG (t900)
UTG+1 (t2380)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t15, Button calls t15, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t102 (All-In)</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls t87, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t785 (All-In)</font>

wiggs73
02-19-2005, 03:27 AM
I think it's a fine push. The only stack that should concern you is already out of the picture. I think an over-pair to yours would have likely done the same thing, so I doubt your going to get it called. And if you do, you're most likely going to be a slight favorite anyway.

The Yugoslavian
02-19-2005, 03:55 AM
I think there are enough dead chips here to warrant it. I doubt the CO is calling you here much of the time at all. 99 is a fine showdown hand here as well (since this isn't a strict 'steal').

From the looks of things CO has a weakish hand and is just gambling for cheap here. I'm assuming this is $33 as I think in $11s you may be called too frequently here with hands that aren't good but only slightly behind yours. Even if you're called I'm sure you're ahead. More often than not you get a better than 50/50 shot at some chips without putting your stack at risk.

I like it.

Yugoslav
(Dunno if I'm savvy enough to see and play it though, /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

ilya
02-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Well, I can see some pros and some cons.

On the pro side, CO is most likely folding and you are likely ahead of BB's range of hands, if your description of him is accurate. Plus, the pot is laying you great odds.

On the con side, you're gonna show the whole table that you aren't gun-shy, which might make it harder for you to steal down the line and/or set you up for getting trapped by an observant opponent. You also most likely don't get to see CO's hand, so you miss out on that bit of info.

It's almost 4 am and I'm a bit drunk but on the whole I think I like it.

Irieguy
02-19-2005, 05:18 AM
Wow, I played a hand almost identical to this tonight, except I was the cutoff. I had pocket 10's and my plan was to let the BB push all-in (which he's likely to do), and then I was going to come over the top if the MP limper called. But he folded, so I decided to see a flop... until the SB pushed. I folded, not sure if I was a lot ahead or only a little ahead. He had pocket 9's, and I remember thinking "nice play."

Was I at your table? I was experimenting with 10 tables tonight, so it's possible I wouldn't have noticed it was you pushing me off my hand.

Irieguy

SuitedSixes
02-19-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was experimenting with 10 tables tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I take it you like the new Dells?