PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2005 on PS2

Ipodkid
02-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Anyone else having hell of a time kicking off or making fieldgoals? Rest of the game play is spot on but the kicking is killing me...HELP

tbach24
02-19-2005, 01:34 AM
Assuming all-madden:

Get an athletic QB and use all 4 downs. If you're in 4th and 5 situations, you must go for it. I think that 75 speed and up is good for this. Plays with lots of short TEs and spread out (no screens) rback plays are good too. I'm really good with kickoffs, but occasionally have a blunder with one, but I play extremely good defense and have no problem.

I had 8 straight SB seasons where I played every game at All-Madden so it shouldn't be that difficult.

I think I might've kicked 3 FGs that season. XP's are a joke just do 55 power and 85+ accuracy.

Edit- I also am a massive run-heavy player. I do like 15-20 plays and eat A LOT of clock, if that makes a difference. I hate playing from behind.

Vince Young
02-19-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get an athletic QB and use all 4 downs. If you're in 4th and 5 situations, you must go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You must get flamed all the time

tbach24
02-19-2005, 01:52 AM
I actually go for it on all 4th and 10 and less (although that's a VERY rare situation, I'm usually at 4&3 if I'm at 4th down.) I would guess that I make about 65% of 4th down conversions.

partygirluk
02-19-2005, 06:43 AM
I find kicks impossible. I aim straight down the centre, but they always go out of bounds. Field goals either have too little power, or go wide.

youtalkfunny
02-19-2005, 09:26 AM
I started playing a few months ago. I also found the kicking game frustrating, until I figured it out:

1. You hit "X" to get the meter moving.

2. You try to hit "X" when the meter reaches the top (100). This is "Power".

3. The meter recedes back to the bottom.

4. (Here's the part you didn't know) The bottom of the meter resembles a small rectangle-shaped window. YOU NEED TO HIT "X" AGAIN, WHEN THE METER IS IN THE CENTER OF THE WINDOW. There is a little notch there to guide you. This is "Accuracy".

5. Kicking is now very easy!

I wish there were instructions for this game. Mini-camp only gets you so far. I didn't know you could choose your audible plays until I saw The Sports Guy mention it. And I still don't know exactly what a hot route is, and I certainly don't know how to program it.

I'm just promoting myself from Pro to All-Pro. My biggest issue right now is trying to return punts--I don't want to call a fair catch every time, but it seems like every time I try to return one, I cough it up, and the opponent runs it back.

Like I said, I started playing a few months ago, when we got the kids a PS2 for Christmas. I've never been so intrigued with a game before. Anyone who likes pro football should treat themselves to a PS2 and a Madden. It's just so freaking DEEP. We've come a long way from the X's versus the O's video games.

youtalkfunny
02-19-2005, 09:50 AM
OK, since we have a thread started:

--How do you spend your time on defense? I just select a lineman, and try to get into the backfield. Does anyone do anything else instead?

--OK, I'm winning all these "cards". Do you actually ever USE these things? They seem like cheating to me.

--I'm still on the easy levels, and that may have something to do with this: I only use I-formation to run, and only shotgun to pass. Sometimes I'll play-fake out of the I, but that's it. Will this work in All-Pro or All-Madden modes?

--Do draw plays, or screen passes, EVER work?

--Oh yeah, one more thing: Flipping through the playbook, I see "option passes", where say the halfback takes the pitch, rolls right, then throws it deep. But when I hit the Circle button to throw to the receiver with the Circle icon, my halfback does his spin-move instead of throwing. My question: What button do I hit to make this throw?

partygirluk
02-19-2005, 10:44 AM
I love you!

tbach24
02-19-2005, 12:20 PM
I play and dominate All-Madden

[ QUOTE ]
--How do you spend your time on defense? I just select a lineman, and try to get into the backfield. Does anyone do anything else instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Baltimore usually and put it on Ed Reed (SS). I might use an outside blitzing lineback once in a while. It's useless to use a lineman.

[ QUOTE ]
--OK, I'm winning all these "cards". Do you actually ever USE these things? They seem like cheating to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never.

[ QUOTE ]
--I'm still on the easy levels, and that may have something to do with this: I only use I-formation to run, and only shotgun to pass. Sometimes I'll play-fake out of the I, but that's it. Will this work in All-Pro or All-Madden modes?

[/ QUOTE ]

All-pro is very easy. Just remember you can't go deep every play. You have to use a little bit of running and the TE is the most important position in the game. Get a good one.

[ QUOTE ]
--Do draw plays, or screen passes, EVER work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Draw plays, no. I had a lot of trouble with the RB screen but have gotten it to work to the point where I'm either getting 18-25 yards or losing 4-6. The WR screen is good if you're able to read defenses and have a fast WR.

[ QUOTE ]
--Oh yeah, one more thing: Flipping through the playbook, I see "option passes", where say the halfback takes the pitch, rolls right, then throws it deep. But when I hit the Circle button to throw to the receiver with the Circle icon, my halfback does his spin-move instead of throwing. My question: What button do I hit to make this throw?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only use this play when destroying my friends but you have to hit X first. RBs throw very poorly. This play actually does decently well against a man defense (or maybe a zone I can't quite remember, haven't played for weeks) as a running play. Only against the computer though.

My thing is on defense I usually "ask madden" and then switch up the play from the line of scrimmage. It works extremely well for me. As you get into All-Madden you have to control the clock. It is essential to winning. I use Baltimore and throw maybe 2-3 deep balls (off of play actions) per game. JamLew and Heap get all the work. I use Belicheck's playbook as well. The best play in the game is TE Post. It is my bread and butter.

partygirluk
02-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Do you play online?

tbach24
02-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Nah, I'm actually on GCube but have played PS2 a lot too.