PDA

View Full Version : Looking from the other side

UOPokerPlayer
02-19-2005, 12:27 AM
PPNL100 blinds are 1-2 I have 136, villian has 150

It's my tenth hand at the table. Folded to me on the button, I make it 7 to go. Villian calls in SB with AKo

Flop comes A89r
Villian checks TPTK, I bet 10 (2/3 of pot) Villian mini-raises to 20. I call after about 3 seconds.

Turn is 9
Villian bets 20 (less than half of pot) I push quickly for about 80 more.

Is this a good play to make without a hand? With a monster? What about villains line? What the hell do i have?

TheWorstPlayer
02-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Um...if you want to post the hand from villain's perspective, that's fine. But it is extremely confusing when we know 'villain's (i.e. your) hole cards! How are we supposed to say whether his play was good this way? We are extremely biased by the fact that we know you have TPTK. At least I am.

tbach24
02-19-2005, 12:37 AM
1. No it's not a good play to make without a hand because villain showed a lot of strength with the min-raise.

2. I think that smooth calling the turn and then getting the rest in on the river would be good with a monster.

3. I like villain's line except I might've re-raised pre-flop if I were him.

4. You have JJ-KK that you were trying to move him off of his TP. Stats on you would make this easier.

tbach24
02-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Vilian's the one with TPTK.

TheWorstPlayer
02-19-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Vilian's the one with TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, that makes more sense. I was so confused. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

UOPokerPlayer
02-19-2005, 12:54 AM
I just wanted to see what it would be like to play against myself. I tried not to make it confusing, but i could see how the wording could throw someone off.

I dont have PT yet, but i really should get it, no stats then.

I had 69o. Now i usually fold this pf and on the flop. If i knew that villian had AK i would definitely, because its not worth it with the odds i have to catch up. I think my flop call came from not only the value of improving my hand, but from the fact that if it checks to me on the turn i will pot it, putting him in a tough situation. This table didn't seem to respect LP raises, so i thought the flop raise was to make me fold a continuation bet. Villian called my push instantly, and i took down a big one.

tbach24
02-19-2005, 12:59 AM
You definetly have to push your hand there IMO. If you had a boat I would definetly smooth call and get the rest in on the river. I didn't really pay attention to your position. I REALLY dislike villain's play in that case. His best line would've been: Re-raise pre-flop. If you call, lead the flop for a 2/3-full pot bet and then keep firing value bets on the turn-river. I'd have to know you as a player to make this call or not.

Wow, I'm confusing.

TheWorstPlayer
02-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Nice play if you know this guy calls too much and/or doesn't bet too much. If he was a guy who bets too much and doesn't call too much, then I would smooth-call and wait to pop him on the river once he's a bit more committed.

Also, here's another great example of min-raise = terrible.