PDA

View Full Version : DONK DONK DONK DONK

sfer
02-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Here's a hand from memory that I played like 20 minutes ago.

Party 0.5/1. I limp UTG with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Two other limpers, CO raises, BB calls, I call, limpers call.

5 to the frop for 10 SBs. Frop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks, I bet, 1 limper calls, CO raises, BB folds, I call, folds.

HU to the turn for 7.5 BBs. Turn is an offsuit K. I check, CO bets, I call.

River is a J. I check, CO bets, I suck and call.

Anyone like my frop/turn plan?

Gambler
02-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Gotta 3-bet that frop.

ArturiusX
02-18-2005, 11:54 PM
3-bet the flop, bet into the turn.

Why did you go into check/call mode? What was your reasoning?

btspider
02-18-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone like my frop/turn plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

trap the field stop-n-go was the original plan, i assume?

the turn adjustment looks good tho.

btspider
02-19-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you go into check/call mode? What was your reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he has a better hand, we obviously don't want to bet.

if he has a worse hand, we want to get one bet in on the turn (well, we'd want more, but it ain't happening).

so the question is, will he take a free card HU with anything we beat?

AQ/AT will bet our hand for us.
QQ/TT seem less likely since he raised the flop after multiple callers.

edit:
random spade and straight hands are possible (KsQs, etc), but they might have paired up and bet HU. QTs has a straight as well. lots of combos possible here if he's a 9-ish PFR.. i don't feel like looking at em all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ArturiusX
02-19-2005, 12:08 AM
So what your saying is, everything we beat is going to bet us anyway, and everything we don't beat we're losing money too?

TomBrooks
02-19-2005, 01:50 AM
On the flop, it's a little surprising the limper behind you folded to a raise after he already had one bet in. Not expecting that, I would have 3-bet this flop to try to make him fold in case he was on a flush or straight draw with this two suited and somewhat rank coordinated flop. If he doesn't fold, I'm making him pay more to stay. The flop bet is also for value because I think I probably have the best hand.

Heads-up on the turn, I'm thinking I have a better than even chance of being ahead and so I'm betting. Check-raising would be my second choice.

How does that sound?

=TomBk

sfer
02-19-2005, 04:23 PM
The plan was to stop n' go n' 3-bet so I could jam 4 BBs out of the preflop raiser and hopefully 2+ BBs out of the calling dooder when I'm behind only AJ/JJ as likely hands that the villain can have.

The turn card sucks and now puts me way behind everything but AQ, so I have to start calling. Aggression here is silly. The call on the river is pretty marginal, I think, but I think I'll be shown something retarded like KQ or QQ 1 time in 10 so I called.

Villain had AK and MHING.

btspider is wise.