PDA

View Full Version : Walk with me - A4s shorthanded

reubenf
02-18-2005, 11:18 PM
This is both micro limit and shorthanded, so I figure I am justified in choosing either one to post this in. And I already know you guys, so...

UTG is LAG when he has any piece of the flop or any good draw, and usually calls down with nothing. No reads on anyone else /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't know if threads like these work, but I'm hoping to get feedback on a few different parts of the hand, and I'll post more of the hand in a reply once I get replies to the first part.

Thanks!

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

toss
02-18-2005, 11:34 PM
You should probably post in the Short Handed forums instead. Otherwise I think you should raise...

reubenf
02-19-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should probably post in the Short Handed forums instead. Otherwise I think you should raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright. After 200+ posts I'm still trying to get the hang of this /images/graemlins/blush.gif

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero ???

ArturiusX
02-19-2005, 12:09 AM
call and look for some sort of improvement on the turn (4 or a heart).

reubenf
02-19-2005, 12:11 AM
I edited my post -- the call was easy there for me and not where I meant to stop, it was the turn I had more problems with.

ArturiusX
02-19-2005, 12:13 AM
I'd fold, a lot beats you here; the flush, straights, 7 or higher ace kicker.

And even a lone club is still drawing to a flush.

I fold.

reubenf
02-19-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold, a lot beats you here; the flush, straights, 7 or higher ace kicker.

And even a lone club is still drawing to a flush.

I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy schmoly I may have played a mediocre hand correctly on purpose for the first time ever /images/graemlins/grin.gif

memphis57
02-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Does 7 versus 10 players make that much difference? If so, can we look at this hand as if it were 10-handed?

This kind of thing used to get my newbie butt in trouble a lot, losing expensive hands to a better kicker. What I do now is call here and hope it doesn't get raised, then on the turn I need either another heart or A or board pair to make me cough up any more money. In doing this I'm giving the pair of aces the value of like 1-1.5 outs because it is so likely to be dominated. But it's still worth a call at the pot odds here because I have 2 more outs to my trip As and 1.5 outs to my runner-runner flush, plus the chance that the board pairs and gives me a better kicker, although that last thing also has the peril of making trips for somebody to beat me with.

(Note, yeah my trip aces can be dominated too but the appearance of the 3rd ace retroactively lowers by half the likelihood that one of my opponents has an ace, and increase the likelihood that board cards will take the place of my kicker. In this case, a third ace or a board pair solves my kicker problem since KQ are already out there.)

Okay, that's my 10-handed thinking, the diffs for 7 I guess would be 30% less likelihood that another A is in somebody's hands with a better kicker. That may be enough to make me start to value this as a made hand, especially with the KQ on the board - one of the next 2 board cards is bound to improve my kicker. So you gotta call here and call any raise.

memphis57
02-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Dang, it takes me so long to write my answers the topics are well past me when I post. This^ refers to the first situation proposed, at the flop.

reubenf
02-19-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dang, it takes me so long to write my answers the topics are well past me when I post. This^ refers to the first situation proposed, at the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post is more helpful detailed than rushed :-D Thanks!

I'm basically playing this hand like I'd play middle pair top kicker with a BDFD.