PDA

View Full Version : ITM lowest stack 55 hand

Isura
02-18-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm very new to STT's and NL in general (Only my 4th SNG at Stars). Chip leader was being pretty aggressive, he had put me all in (I ha T800 at the time) with his 93s. Was this a bad call to the all-in bet. I figure I'm already in the money, why not try to double up and go for 1st? Is this the wrong way of thinking about it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t2520)
BB (t8740)
Hero (t2240)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t8740</font>, Hero calls t1640 (All-In).

ZebraAss
02-18-2005, 10:44 PM
No. If you think you can out play them I would fold the s*** out of pocket fives because the blinds are so damn low.

If not, call. But your raise is pretty pathedic. They will call with Q9 with a 400 chips raise to see a flop.

EDIT:

oh wow...sorry I didnt see that it wasnt a party SNG.

yea...the call is probabally the best option.

SuitedSixes
02-18-2005, 10:44 PM
The call is fine. Generally, once you get three-handed you want to go all in with pocket pairs. Short-handed you want to be as aggressive as possible.

obex
02-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Here is what you have to ask yourself with this bet:
If he pushes me all in would I feel compelled to call (i.e. too good a hand to lay down)?
and
Would I be happy to just steal the blind (i.e. my hand is not a monster that I want to maximize action on)?

If the answer to both these questions is yes, then you should push instead of making a 3x raise, right?

Isura
02-19-2005, 01:57 AM
So I guess it's better to push instead of raise since I probably should call a raise anyways? How about 5-6x BB? Is that too big a bet for a blind steal?

Msogard
02-19-2005, 06:34 AM
I might raise 3xBB here if I had AA-QQ, to welcome action. But with any hand that I'm willing to go all-in with, I'd just go all-in myself. I think a 5-6xBB raise would be pointless. You'd be forced to push any flop with more than half your stack in the pot and 5xBB left if you fold. What do you think a 5-6xBB raise would do that all-in wouldnt?

Isura
02-19-2005, 10:47 AM
I was thinking that a 5-6x BB bet might encourage them to fold, fearing I wanted some action with the hand (actually I hoping 3x BB woul was doing the same). I thought they'd me more likely to call a desperate all-in bet, but I guess I just succeded in giving them a cheap chance to draw out on the flop..