PDA

View Full Version : A9s, misplayed on every street

private joker
02-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Except maybe the turn, which I can defend.

BB is a LAG, UTG is unknown...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Reef
02-18-2005, 10:04 PM
The flop is either a 3-bet or fold kinda situation. If you're ahead, it's by a little. If you're behind, you're dead. My agro side usually makes me 3 bet it. With the line you took, the street were fine IMO.

Xiphoid
02-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Raise PF as well?

That guy
02-18-2005, 10:08 PM
if you were anticipating a multiway limped pot, I think you played this correctly -- otherwise, I don't enter this pot. You probably got beat on the river but you knew that was the risk when you 3-bet the flop...

Moozh
02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Looks good to me. I agree the flop is a 3-bet or fold. With BB being a LAG, the three-bet seems more correctly. Were it two TAGs, I'd probably let it go.

Bet the turn, check behind the river. Looks good.

What happens if you're bet into or chack-raised on the turn?

What if you're bet into on the river?

Nate tha' Great
02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you were anticipating a multiway limped pot, I think you played this correctly -- otherwise, I don't enter this pot in online play. You probably got beat on the river but you knew that was the risk when you 3-bet the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

I try not to fold A9s in an unraised pot. It's quite a bit stronger than a smaller Axs.

Perseus
02-18-2005, 10:13 PM
I can't think of any situation ever where I would open-limp A9, A10, or AJ. I try not to ever do it and it's never really cost me anything. Remember if the flop comes down AQ10 you can get yourself into serious trouble being out of position.

That guy
02-18-2005, 10:13 PM
I try not to fold A9s in an unraised pot. It's quite a bit stronger than a smaller Axs.

agree but he was UTG+2, he doesn't know if it is going to be a raised pot or not unless that had been a strong pattern at the table.

I limp every time if I am playing live B&amp;M with A9s but online is usually more TAGgy than that...

Nate tha' Great
02-18-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

agree but he was UTG+2, he doesn't know if it is going to be a raised pot or not unless that had been a strong pattern at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like he loses the pot if it's raised behind him.

Xiphoid
02-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Does anyone else raise this PF and if not, why? ATs is an automatic raise, but I believe SSH says A9s can also be raised because it is a marginal +EV situation.

private joker
02-18-2005, 10:22 PM
The more I think about this, the sh[/i]ittier my flop play becomes. The pot is still small and I have very few outs to improve, and I may be drawing dead. As Reef said, if I have the best hand it's not by a lot. This should have been a trivially easy flop fold. Damn.

mr pink
02-18-2005, 10:41 PM
i'll usually raise A9s or A8s in late position after a couple limpers. it plays well multiway and it usually owns a lot of smaller Ax crap and other limping hands.

chief444
02-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I agree. If the action was check, check, bet...I would like a raise. But with a bet and raise in front of you I think this is a good time to let it go.

Etric
02-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Small pot with two bets back to me; I would muck on the flop. UTG seems like he has a pretty good hand, but one that can't beat a flush right now(two pair or a set, maybe 77, or a high heart) but that has outs.