PDA

View Full Version : Late Tourney Questions

LilSlick
02-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone,
Ok, let's say there are 4 people left in a Sit-n-Go tournament. Top three players place in the money. Blinds are at 200/400. The player on the button has 410 left, SB has 1500 chips, and BB has roughly 2500.

The player UTG folds.
Button moves all-in with his last 410
SB calls for 210 more with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB moves all-in 2500 with 10/images/graemlins/club.gif 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB folds.

As it turns out, the button catches a flush with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and triples up. Shortly afterwards, the person who was BB in this hand gets eliminated.

Was the BB out of line in moving all-in? Should he have just called to let the SB stay in to increase the chances of the dealer being eliminated?

How would you act in this situation if you were the BB?

Thanks in advance for your input.

TruFloridaGator
02-18-2005, 09:26 PM
I would have definately moved AI if I'm the BB, considering the SB has just been blinded & called 410 of his 1500 chips, if you simply raise he's probably going to push it or even if he calls it's not a good thing. With 10s, I want this heads up, I don't want both guys to have 1+ overcards against me. Especially with a huge hand 3 handed, I want to make a move to put me in position to win.

DRD66
02-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Would also have gone all in. The button is one hand from a bb of all his chips, so he's probably pushing with anything better than absoulte rags. Odds that a pair of 10's has him beat are huge. I certainly don't want anyone else in this pot - if small blind calls AI with less than AA-JJ, he's getting the worst of it and I'll be glad to take his money, too.
Also, the odds of SB having a better hand that 10-10 are slim, so the odds of him " increase the chances of the dealer being eliminated" are minimal. Besides, in what situation do you WANT someone else to win a pot your in?

A real hand against what is basically a forced all-in for only 16% of your stack is a good deal anytime. Just because he lost doesn't mean BB played wrong.