PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with villain who repeatedly goes all-in on his bb

kuro
02-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Low buyin sit and go, 3 spots payout and down to 3 players with about equal stacks of 5000 chips. Blinds are 100/200.

Sb is weak tight player that repeatedly minraises and folds to reraise or all-in. Bb was playing pretty reasonably but has recently gone all-in 5 times preflop in the last 3 orbits (three of those were from the big blind facing a raise from the sb). I'm on the button with KTo.

I opened for 600, sb folded, and bb pushes yet again which I expected him to do when I raised. So do I have a big enough hand to call or should I have just mucked in the first place knowing that he would likely push?

The Yugoslavian
02-18-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I opened for 600, sb folded, and bb pushes yet again which I expected him to do when I raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, if you expect him to push over the top of your raise here then you should be planning to call. Otherwise you shouldn't even bother raising.

If this really is 'expected' and your read then go allin or don't go in at all.

Yugoslav

bones
02-18-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I opened for 600, sb folded, and bb pushes yet again which I expected him to do when I raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate the raise if don't want re-raised. I don't like KT all that much, especially with a weak SB. You're likely ahead, but you'll have MUCH better spots to trap this guy.

To the muck and tighten up til the blinds are a bigger hit or you have a bigger hand.

Big Limpin'
02-18-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sb is weak tight player that repeatedly minraises and folds to reraise or all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats weak agressive

I dont think you are in too far to fold, you make the call based on whats likelyhood villian could have better/worse than KT.

YOu said you expected villain to play back at you. THen why would you open 3BB with a hand you arent willing to call a reraise with. If you know hes gonna do it, dont bet such an awkward amount.

Either:
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifBet it to ~1000, so you get committed to calling a push
/images/graemlins/diamond.gifopen for less...limp is OK, so that you can get away for much less

KTo is pretty borderline, you can play either way i think. But chose one option and stay the course. You can't second guess yourself like that.

adanthar
02-18-2005, 07:20 PM
*If* you've done your share of raising at this table before *and* he's pushed on you before, I have no problem with calling this push, FWIW.

If this is the first time he pushed on you, you can fold, but be prepared to call the same hand and worse next time.

AA suited
02-18-2005, 07:20 PM
be patient..u got lots of time w/5000 chips and blinds are only 100/200.

the idiot is doing the equivalent of going all-in at lvl1 at a regular SnG.

just wait till you get a hand then play.

johnnybeef
02-18-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Low buyin sit and go, 3 spots payout and down to 3 players with about equal stacks of 5000 chips. Blinds are 100/200.

Sb is weak tight player that repeatedly minraises and folds to reraise or all-in. Bb was playing pretty reasonably but has recently gone all-in 5 times preflop in the last 3 orbits (three of those were from the big blind facing a raise from the sb). I'm on the button with KTo.

I opened for 600, sb folded, and bb pushes yet again which I expected him to do when I raised. So do I have a big enough hand to call or should I have just mucked in the first place knowing that he would likely push?

[/ QUOTE ]

think about how distraught you are because of him going all in 5 times in a row. make him feel that way, start pushing. you have already monied, its time to take the steering wheel at this table. i have played in a countless amount of sngs in which situations like this arise. he has the current dominant image which likely means that your image is passive. you are going to get all the credit in the world for your raises. once you get ahead by a little bit, wait for what figures to be the best hand and get called by it.

kuro
02-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I raised with the intention of calling an expected all-in. So of course I called and got unlucky in that he had an ace with a mid kicker. I watched for a while afterwards and he showed his hands a couple of times and they were mostly mid suited connectors. In retrospect, I think maybe I should have just waited for a little better hand to make the same play with.

kuro
02-18-2005, 09:27 PM
He hadn't pushed on me, but he'd pushed on the other player repeatedly. I'd pushed against the other player as well twice preflop from my blind with AQs and AKs trying to get him to make a mistake and call out of frustration because he was whining so much in chat.

I think in retrospective that villains standards for coming over the top were probably higher for me than for the other player that he had mostly been going after.