PDA

View Full Version : Mike l. would love this

Mikey
09-05-2002, 06:28 AM
I was thinking of Mike l. when this hand arose. I had a pair of 55's UTG + 1. UTG a real loose loose raiser, raised, I reraised to isolate him, one other guy calls in Mid Position and UTG calls.

3 of us take the flop.

The flop is Ac 7c 3d.

Not a bad flop for my hand considering now UTG checked, i bet out and Mid Position thought for a little and called. UTG folded.

I have a great chance here of representing an Ace, because with the midposition delaying so much he can't possibly have a hand.

Now on the turn falls a 5h.

The jist of this hand is I lead out and Midposition calls with his "lucky $25 chip" every time he's put it in he's dragged the winning pot. I know that this time his luck ran out. So he puts it in the pot and makes a call but the dealer takes the $25 chip and makes change with it from her dealer rack.
This pissed me off because I WANTED THE $25 chip. So anyway I bet the river, and he folds.

But the thing is this, if the pot contained the green $25 chip this is what I would have done, he was sitting directly across from me, I was in seat 1 and he was in seat 4 so we were facing each other. I had a a lot of chips in front of me, I stacked them across from me in stacks of $20.
I wanted to lay the $25 chip standing up against the middle of the stacks this way he would always see it. Hopefully it would piss him off so much that he doesn't have his lucky little green chip and start playing every hand against me. He was the same guy that was mumbling the F-word to himself when I dragged the monster pot with my pair of 99's to complete the flush on the river (small stakes- Building a Monster at Mandalay Bay). My pair of 55's hand shortly occurred after I dragged the winning 99's hand.

I just thought this would be a funny story and I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

mike l.
09-06-2002, 04:01 PM