PDA

View Full Version : Noob question about how to buy cannabis.

partygirluk
02-18-2005, 05:44 PM
I smoked a bit of weed at uni, but have not felt the need since then. This week I started a job, and it is really stressful. I found myself craving weed. I have contacts in my uni city, and a couple of other, but none in London. I am not particularly social, and what friends I do have, do not smoke cannabis.

So, how do I best get some skunk? And how do I check I am getting a good deal?

Reef
02-18-2005, 05:50 PM
This seems simple/common sense, as I don't even buy weed

go to parties, find the crew smoking a J in the corner, make friends with them, get contacts, etc.

LALDAAS
02-18-2005, 05:53 PM
LOL that is a nOOB question. I dont look for it, it finds me.

sexypanda
02-18-2005, 05:55 PM
You might want to PM Brown Thumb about this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1745746&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

partygirluk
02-18-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This seems simple/common sense, as I don't even buy weed

go to parties, find the crew smoking a J in the corner, make friends with them, get contacts, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like parties. I am not a social person. I don't to wait, I need some ASAP.

partygirluk
02-18-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You might want to PM Brown Thumb about this. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1745746&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown Thumb smokes pot?

Freakin
02-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Man, there should be a waiting period on weed for people who say stuff like this.

B

Asufiji2004
02-18-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like parties. I am not a social person. I don't to wait, I need some ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROCK

partygirluk

HARDPLACE

partygirluk
[ QUOTE ]
Man, there should be a waiting period on weed for people who say stuff like this.

B

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh. I am extremely unstreetwise. But could do with a spliff /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Reef
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown Thumb smokes pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he smokes P.O.T.

pokerjo22
02-18-2005, 06:00 PM
You're in London and can't find weed? Isn't it virtually legal there? When I was there at Xmas I saw 11 year olds rolling up on the underground!

BusterStacks
02-18-2005, 06:00 PM
well for starters, don't call it cannabis. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

J.R.
02-18-2005, 06:03 PM
You're in london- how about piccadilly circus, ever heard of it? look for the sketchy heads, they're around.

partygirluk
02-18-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're in London and can't find weed? Isn't it virtually legal there? When I was there at Xmas I saw 11 year olds rolling up on the underground!

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't as illegal as it once was. I have smoked skunk on the street in Swiss Cottage before. I could go to somewhere like Camden or Brixton and eventually find some. But, how do I go about asking someone if they are selling? And how do I make sure I don't get ripped off?

partygirluk
02-18-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're in london- how about piccadilly circus, ever heard of it? look for the sketchy heads, they're around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Piccadily Circus is a 2 hour round trip for me /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Asufiji2004
02-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Damn you really need crap explained to you. Aren't you the one who is so damn smart that you don't associate with people of below average intelligence. My half-retard friend could figure this one out.

USE COMMON SENSE.

KidPokerX
02-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Your answer has arrived.
This is a situation that fellow potsmokers are faced with each time we come to that important economic decision.
Who to buy from?
Someone with the skizankity. Don't waste your time with ho-bo's who can't tell the difference between ganja and head lettuce. Preferably a cannabis club connection would be the best option.
How much to get?
Just like any plant material, marijuana is perishable. Therefore, buy the amount that suits your needs best. Don't waste money getting a quarter zip when you start grabbing for the oreos after just one bowl. Be smart, be economical.
Where to get it?
Avoid shady alley's or other street vendors offering the best deal in town. The weed purchased at these locations is poor quality and usually flattened in the warm, dirty back pockets of your newfound business partner.
Going to the dealers house or meeting somewhere is preferable - aside from delivery of course.
Above all, remember that you get what you pay for. Quality is of utmost importance. Second is the utensil you smoke from. H2O filtered (bong, bubbler) utensils retain 70% more harmful resins than the joints and bleezy's. Go H2O when available.
I'm sure others have more to add.
Keep it real.

-KidPokerX

wonderwes
02-18-2005, 06:15 PM
dank, chronic, nugs, green, buds, etc. Yeah, cannibas or skunk would be a poor thing to refer it too. Skunk is actually the name of a type of strain.

Its a risk but if people you work with are young, and like to go out drink/party/etc, one of them probably knows a dealer. Its always tricky to bring it up in a conversation. Are there any hooka bars in the area? You might have luck there. Do you have any people you know living in london? If so, and they are good trustworthy friends, try to see if someone knows someone holding chronic.

Man, since you are in london I have no idea what the conversion rate must be. A basic U.S. retail price, would be $60 for 3.5 grams. Just dont get nasty schwag.

dr. klopek
02-18-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well for starters, don't call it cannabis. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, for the love of god, call it cannabis if the only other alternative is "skunk."

partygirluk
02-18-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dank, chronic, nugs, green, buds, etc. Yeah, cannibas or skunk would be a poor thing to refer it too. Skunk is actually the name of a type of strain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Skunk is very commonly used in the U.K.

[ QUOTE ]

Its a risk but if people you work with are young, and like to go out drink/party/etc, one of them probably knows a dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work in a science laboratory and most of them are nice but nerdish. They are all pretty healthy too, so I doubt many, if any of them do weed.

partygirluk
02-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks for your post. If I go to an area which I know is frequented by dealers, will they try and make themselves known by me?

Ulysses
02-18-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your post. If I go to an area which I know is frequented by dealers, will they try and make themselves known by me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something tells me they will approach just about everyone else who walks by them except for you.

partygirluk
02-18-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something tells me they will approach just about everyone else who walks by them except for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that tends to happen. I dres really badly. One time I was in a phone store (looking to buy a phone funnily enough). These two youngish girls walk in, and one of them says to me:

"How can you buy a phone? You're a fukcing tramp".

bear187
02-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Oh, well since that made sense and everything. Uh.

cockandbull
02-19-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure if this is a post designed to get someone to come forward and offer to supply some, if so you should really state in more detail where you live and how much you want etc.

With regards to finding it for yourself, anyone who suggested going to brixton or someother area known for supplying tweed is a little off base due to this statement you made,

[ QUOTE ]
So, how do I best get some skunk? And how do I check I am getting a good deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

With regards to getting a good deal, reasonable london prices are as follows,

oz £130
1/2 £75
1/4 £40
1/8 £25

London does suck price wise, but as a guide you cant go wrong with the prices above.

Hope this helps

Harry.

Pompey
02-19-2005, 04:12 PM
You could try the SOAS (School of oriental and African studies) union (somewhere near to UCL/ULU) people used to openly deal there when I was at Uni, although the prices weren't great

probably best not to buy from someone in Picadilly circus or Leicester square as you'll just get cheated out of your money, especially if you don't look very streetwise