PDA

View Full Version : Too passive? Did i miss a value bet?

tdarko
02-18-2005, 05:40 PM
30+3 10 man sng. Level one 10 players still remain.
Dealt 99 on the button. UTG+1 call the BB, MP calls the BB, CO calls the BB, Button (hero) calls the BB, and the SB fills then the BB checks.
Pot T120
Flop comes: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 min bets 20, MP and CO call, Hero raises to 175, SB folds, BB calls 175, UTG+1 folds, MP folds and CO folds.
Pot T530
Turn is: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, Hero bets 250, BB calls
Pot T1030
River is: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, Hero checks

i checked the river passively fearing that spade or the made straight. i could not get a read on this, i didn't know if i was being slowplayed or drawn on. any insights? did i miss a value bet? was this too passive? should i have moved in for my last 400 or so? thanks.

jeffraider
02-18-2005, 07:33 PM
I like the check behind because I can't really thinking of many hands that might call you that you can beat. Pocket 66, 77 or 88 is about it. Or MAYBE two weird BB pair. But two pair might fold in that spot too.

Daliman
02-18-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
30+3 10 man sng. Level one 10 players still remain.
Dealt 99 on the button. UTG+1 call the BB, MP calls the BB, CO calls the BB, Button (hero) calls the BB, and the SB fills then the BB checks.
Pot T120
Flop comes: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 min bets 20, MP and CO call, Hero raises to 175, SB folds, BB calls 175, UTG+1 folds, MP folds and CO folds.
Pot T530
Turn is: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, Hero bets 250, BB calls
Pot T1030
River is: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB checks, Hero checks

i checked the river passively fearing that spade or the made straight. i could not get a read on this, i didn't know if i was being slowplayed or drawn on. any insights? did i miss a value bet? was this too passive? should i have moved in for my last 400 or so? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

River check is fine, as was turn underbet.

tdarko
02-18-2005, 08:22 PM
the reason i posted this hand was because of the results. he showed 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and it made me feel like i missed a bet, so i just was wondering if i could have put him on this hand.

ilya
02-18-2005, 08:41 PM
what's the rationale for the turn underbet? are you trying to strike a balance between protecting your hand against draws and not going broke if he's slowplaying?

I think the river check is fine. Actually I think betting is quite bad.

tdarko
02-18-2005, 10:02 PM
i dont see it necessarily as an underbet, i was trying to make a probe bet to see where i was in the hand while giving about 3-1 pot odds in case he was on the spade flush draw.
the only reason IMO to bet the river is b/c in early stages players seem to call down with all kinds of strange holdings.