PDA

View Full Version : Qustionable Cowboys fold on the Flop?

KDawgCometh
02-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (26 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero folds, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (17.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 folds.

River: (22.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

Reads, both raisers are loose, but the cap worries me. On the flop I was planning on 3-betting to see if Aces or a set of Queens were out there, but the bettors don't neccessarily have to those hand, AK, AQ or KQ could very well be likely in this situation too, I don't feel that there is the bottom set either, but a set of Jacks too could be likely or even someone over playing nines or tens

IsaacW
02-18-2005, 05:44 PM
You're getting 32:3 on probably 2 outs. MP1 has QQ, AA, or A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, MP2 3betting the preflop capper's raise is very troublesome. If he has any idea of what he's doing, he hit this flop hard (77, QQ, big /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs). I'm rambling because I honestly have no idea what your play should be. My first impression is a fold, but with an overpair that seems weak. Any more experienced posters want to tell me if my instinct is right here?

I think I'd fold.

djshawk
02-18-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm gonna stick my oar out and say good fold. It looks like you are drawing to 2 outs, one of which puts 3 to a flush on board. If you call this then it'll get capped so you can assume odds of about 10-1.
If you don't drop it now then it's gonna be harder on the next street and I think time after time you will be shown a set, 2-pair or MP1's aces.

Vern
02-18-2005, 05:45 PM
I think I cap the flop then see if their aggression continues. The only hands I give credit for being ahead of me on the flop would be AA or QQ. I think your fold is too early given your reads on the raisers. They may have just been trying to pump the flop with their flush draw too. My Plan, Cap the flop, bet the turn if checked to, raise if MP2 bets otherwise call(If MP2 bets I can make the others face two, but once a bet and call have occurred, I think calling down is better). On the river I am betting if checked too and calling if bet. I might consider folding facing two cold on the turn or river, but this board is about the best you can ask for with a big overpair. I expect to see AQ as often as I see a set or two pair so I don't think I can get away without some convincing on the turn or river.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am y no means an expert at any of this.