PDA

View Full Version : How to play Luckiest Man Alive ?(not a bad beat thread)

wegs the wegs
02-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Every once in awhile I'll play in a SnG where one player will catch EVERYTHING. He'll make the dumbest calls preflop, catch low pair go all-in and turn two pair on someone's Aces. You've all played against a guy like this.
He'll call with everything and catch with everything.

How do you play a guy like this? Usually it breaks down when there are about 5 players left he'll have 50% of the chips in play, or more. What is the strategy here, continue to play the big hands or just sit back and watch, folding everything until he busts everyone else out with his 10 3o rivered quads?

Suggestions?

Slim Pickens
02-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, since past stochastic results influence the future results, I'd sit back and let the other players at the table take advantage of the fact that he is willing to call good hands with garbage.

Slim

zaphod
02-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Easy comes easy goes. This guy usually ends up with 4'th place.

Pokerscott
02-18-2005, 05:59 PM
That guy just flipped 3 heads in a row! I don't care if he gives me 3:1 odds and lets me flip my own coin, I ain't betting on a coin flip with him...

Pokerscott

davehwm
02-18-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy comes easy goes. This guy usually ends up with 4'th place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zaphod of bridge/ufck fame?

wiggs73
02-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Let him double you up, but not on a coinflip. If he tries to double you up with say, a low pair against your aces, and sucks out (again), pat yourself on the back for getting all your chips in with the best of it and start another tourney.