PDA

View Full Version : Officially done with Party. What's the best skin affiliate program?

Daliman
02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Well, the other night, as I had 4 $109 tables going, one of my tables was disconnected during level one when i had 970 chips left. My other 3 tables were going fine, yet I could not rejoin the 4th table, even after shutting down PP 3x. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with PP, and 3x told them to MAKE SURE to contact me back about this issue, but, of course, I never got a call or email back.

When I called today, they said;
A. They had no log of my initial call.
B. They had no info whatsoever regarding my problem.
C. The problem was on MY end, even though i had no problems with the other tables.

Long story short, they said it's because the tables get routed through different servers, to which I said who is responsible for those servers, and don't I get rerouted when I reconnect? They offered me $50,(their standard offer, I have found), at which time I asked for a manager. The manager told me the same thing, and gave me the same offer, saying it was the most they can do,(which is BS; I've gotten more before when they were expanding).

I then asked him to look at my account history and the 70-80k I have paid in fees and rake in the past year, and that one of their competitors will be getting every penny of that if this is not resolved to my satisfaction, which is to give me $59 more than they were offering. He wasn't concerned.

So, as soon as I finished the orbit I was on, I left the table, and cashed out every penny I have on PP. So what's the best affiliate program of the skins, or, if someone could just let me know the names of all the other skins available where I can look that info up for myself.

ZebraAss
02-18-2005, 04:11 PM
PHUCK DA POLICE...i mean PHUCK PARTY POKER.

1C5
02-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I use Empire for most of my play. They have some kind of High roller club that you may like also.

The other choices: Intertops
Eurobet (dont choose this)
Multipoker
Pokernow

Gigabet
02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
When this happens(I think Norton antivirus is the main cause, making sure that is off while you play seems to keep it from happening as often) immediately call pp with the table number, and ask for the server name. Then go into your pp file, and replace your target line with the name of the server that they are using, and when you log in through that route it will let you back on that table.

This has happened to me multiple times, and once or twice I was able to get my buy in back, more often than not I had to take the loss.

Phil Van Sexton
02-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Yep, they suck. Unfortunately, the skins are no better.

Don't be suprised if you sign up for Empire, have the same problem, then call and get the exact same support person and the same "manager."

unfrgvn
02-18-2005, 04:18 PM
On the other hand, I got a Party Poker hat in the mail yesterday with nothing to explain what I had done to deserve it. Maybe they were so busy sending out hats they couldn't get to your complaint?

1C5
02-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah, agreed with Phil. I use Empire but do I like it? Not really.

rohjoh
02-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Dali,

Same thing happened to me the other night, and I sent an email. They replied right away, and refunded me back the full buy in divided by 8(number of players left at the table). I had two other tables going at the time which were not affected, but they still sent me the refund. I would try to email them with the table number, and I am sure they will refund you. The bone heads they have working the phones are no help, and I suggest never calling for any reason. It is much more frustration than it is worth.

wh1t3bread
02-18-2005, 04:22 PM
I wish that they would send me another one of those Shana Hiatt calendars. I think my roomate stole mine.

se2schul
02-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Same thing happenned to me lastnight. My other table was fine. This morning, I received this email:

Dear se2schul,

We apologize for the disruption you encountered at tournament #9656110, and are sorry the tournament was not completed properly.

We have refunded your Account with $27 and a Free Roll if you were using one.
The refund amount was derived after dividing the remaining tournament prize pool amongst players who were left in the tournament plus the tournament fee.
Click on the link below
http://www.partypoker.com/games/disconnection_policy/index.html for details about our tournament settlement policy. Tell a friend about PartyPoker.com and earn $50. Your friend will get $25. Click http://secure.partypoker.com/tell_a_friend/index.html for more details.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our Customer Care Department is open 24/7 and we look forward to serving you.

Sincerely Yours,
Lucy Jones
Customer Care Manager
Party Poker
info@partypoker.com
+1 (800) 852-4719 (Toll Free from US/CAN)
+350 50509 (International Charges Apply)

Daliman
02-18-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When this happens(I think Norton antivirus is the main cause, making sure that is off while you play seems to keep it from happening as often) immediately call pp with the table number, and ask for the server name. Then go into your pp file, and replace your target line with the name of the server that they are using, and when you log in through that route it will let you back on that table.

This has happened to me multiple times, and once or twice I was able to get my buy in back, more often than not I had to take the loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't have norton or any AV on. Would have been nice if PP would have told me about the fix this at the time.....

Daliman
02-18-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dali,

Same thing happened to me the other night, and I sent an email. They replied right away, and refunded me back the full buy in divided by 8(number of players left at the table). I had two other tables going at the time which were not affected, but they still sent me the refund. I would try to email them with the table number, and I am sure they will refund you. The bone heads they have working the phones are no help, and I suggest never calling for any reason. It is much more frustration than it is worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the problem however is that they said no one else was disconnected from that tourney.

Scuba Chuck
02-18-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They offered me $50,(their standard offer, I have found), at which time I asked for a manager. The manager told me the same thing, and gave me the same offer, saying it was the most they can do,(which is BS; I've gotten more before when they were expanding).

I then asked him to look at my account history and the 70-80k I have paid in fees and rake in the past year, and that one of their competitors will be getting every penny of that if this is not resolved to my satisfaction, which is to give me $59 more than they were offering. He wasn't concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the EXACT same experience, except the standard offer for the $33 tables is $20. And my previous 2 months rake was only $2500 not $80 grand. But I used all the same techniques you cited to get my additional $13. I had to get to the 5th person, who finally resolved my issue. Which was to refund to me $33.

FWIW, you might feel better switching to a skin, but I've found that the same people service the games at the skin as Party Poker.

I believe PokerNow is paying me 27.5% rakeback, that's why I'm there. And, they've got great characters at the table, like a fully clothed hockey player, mad scientists, Austin Powers, Canadian mounties, and boomballaties - with large...

gumpzilla
02-18-2005, 05:48 PM
. . . this link (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/empire_poker.html) has the following quote:

Empire Poker and Party Poker share the same players, same games and same support staff. The only difference is that they have different multi-table tournaments.

I'm not sure that this move is going to solve your support problems, long-term.

Daliman
02-18-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. . . this link (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/empire_poker.html) has the following quote:

Empire Poker and Party Poker share the same players, same games and same support staff. The only difference is that they have different multi-table tournaments.

I'm not sure that this move is going to solve your support problems, long-term.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this, but I am more specifically concerned with if PP and EP are the same company. If they are, I will find another skin, but I will ultimately choose based on greatest profit potential. I'd rather PP not get any more of my $$$ if I can help it.

bball904
02-18-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather PP not get any more of my $$$ if I can help it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think using any skin provides money to Party Poker at least indirectly. The Poker Now tables say Poker NOW powered by Party Poker. The only way you'll get completely away from giving them $$$ is going to Stars, UB, Full Tilt, etc.

jeffraider
02-18-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Same thing happenned to me lastnight. My other table was fine. This morning, I received this email:

Dear se2schul,

We apologize for the disruption you encountered at tournament #9656110, and are sorry the tournament was not completed properly.

We have refunded your Account with $27 and a Free Roll if you were using one.
The refund amount was derived after dividing the remaining tournament prize pool amongst players who were left in the tournament plus the tournament fee.
Click on the link below
http://www.partypoker.com/games/disconnection_policy/index.html for details about our tournament settlement policy. Tell a friend about PartyPoker.com and earn $50. Your friend will get $25. Click http://secure.partypoker.com/tell_a_friend/index.html for more details.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our Customer Care Department is open 24/7 and we look forward to serving you.

Sincerely Yours,
Lucy Jones
Customer Care Manager
Party Poker
info@partypoker.com
+1 (800) 852-4719 (Toll Free from US/CAN)
+350 50509 (International Charges Apply)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in that tournament! I thought you were a 2+2er. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I *think that in the tourney before that one you busted me out in third place when I pushed with 66 and you called (stupidly!) with QQ. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

stripsqueez
02-18-2005, 07:08 PM
i play at empire - i've now got over 3,200 $100 or $200 SNG's in pokertracker - i usually 3 or 4 table them - i have norton anti virus - your problem has never happened to me

i dont know the exact details but i think the most generous skin in terms of what they pay affiliates is eurobet - empire pay there affiliates more than party - at either eurobet or empire you should be able to find an affiliate who will refund around the mid to high 20% of your rake without trying too hard - if you do a heap of volume you should be able to do a flat rate deal with many affiliates

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

se2schul
02-18-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was in that tournament! I thought you were a 2+2er. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I *think that in the tourney before that one you busted me out in third place when I pushed with 66 and you called (stupidly!) with QQ. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was me!! I've just moved up to the $22s. Just curious if you noticed me making any questionable plays? I'll keep a lookout for you from now on. No promises about calling you down when I'm holding QQ though /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ss

AA suited
02-18-2005, 07:25 PM
And what's wrong w/Eurobet??

I had 3 50+5's disappear last nite. i was refunded them in less than a hour of my email.

Eurobet quick refund (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1755268&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

BTW- anyone know what is the max rakeback that the party skins give to their affiliates?

Daliman
02-18-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I use Empire for most of my play. They have some kind of High roller club that you may like also.

The other choices: Intertops
Eurobet (dont choose this)
Multipoker
Pokernow

[/ QUOTE ]

So what exactly is wrong with Eurobet?

1C5
02-18-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't like it because they make you transfer your poker money to the sports betting part of the site before you cashout and the cashier part of the site is annoying as instead of just popping up like the other skins it takes you to a webpage.

stupidsucker
02-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Someone lend me 10 million or so. I will start my own poker site.

Pokerscott
02-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Daliman (and anyone else who has a large +ROI at the higher stakes),

I agree! I wouldn't take that crap from Party Poker! I would leave and NEVER COME BACK!

Pokerscott

Daliman
02-18-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I agree! I wouldn't take that crap from Party Poker! I would leave and NEVER COME BACK!

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize i will be playing on a skin that has the same player pool, don't you?

Pokerscott
02-18-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize i will be playing on a skin that has the same player pool, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do that. They are still getting economic benefit from you. Really show them and go to a totally different site. Yeah that's the ticket.

ok ok obligatory /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pokerscott

curtains
02-18-2005, 09:13 PM
I got an incredible refund for a tournament in which it skipped a hand during lag, and the BB got a free blind. I pointed it out, and after 4-5 respones saying they simply cant give a refund because nothing was wrong, they then decided to give me $215!!! Mabye the best victory of my life.

jeffraider
02-19-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was me!! I've just moved up to the $22s. Just curious if you noticed me making any questionable plays? I'll keep a lookout for you from now on. No promises about calling you down when I'm holding QQ though /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ss

[/ QUOTE ]

No man, looked pretty fine to me. I figured that you knew what you were doing because you were the only one folding as much as me early, and then stealing as much later. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TomBrooks
02-20-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Multipoker

[/ QUOTE ]There are no rakeback affiliates for Multipoker though. At least I couldn't find any. Does anyone know of any? TomBk

Michael C.
02-20-2005, 08:32 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me- one tourney contined, and I was disconnected from the other one. And to make it worse, we were down to 4 people and I had just made a big bet that would have put me ITM. But apparently he called, bet the river, and I didn't respond and lost. I was fuming and called their customer service. Apparently I wasn't persistent enough, because I couldn't even get them to give me $50. They just kept on saying they had no record of any problem at all. And when I went on and on about how it couldn't have been from my end she said "I understand what you're saying, but since we have no record, we can't do anything." I probably should have talked to her manager, but since I was calling long distance I just gave up.