PDA

View Full Version : stars 30 60

William Jockusch
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Mostly I'm interested in the decision not to cap the flop, but comments on the rest of the hand are also welcome.

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Paluka
02-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't really understand why you would just call the flop and then bet out the turn. Most cards that come out on the turn aren't going to be scary.

William Jockusch
02-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm scared of a heart, ace, or gutshot card.

But looking at it now, that probably isn't enough reason, especially with the King of Hearts in hand.

KidPokerX
02-18-2005, 04:32 PM
I'd cap the flop here for two main reasons.

1. CO most likely has a pocket pair, or something like AK, maybe AQ. Capping here would get an extra bet in when you probably have the best hand.

2. I'd want to take the lead. If an A comes on the turn and you lead, a re-raise on his part would put you to a better decision rather than checking and having to decide whether or not to call him down.

I'd get to capping this situation most of the time.

-KidPokerX

AlwaysWrong
02-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Ok, so the situation is you want to lose the least to a set but not give the flush draw a free card. If the circumstances were a bit different, with some higher cards on the board like T, J and you didn't have the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif I'd like it more. With low cards and the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif I don't think it's right:

1) If a /images/graemlins/heart.gif comes on the turn you can't go bet / fold to raise.

2) If a blank comes you can't do that either, because there's still a decent chance your opponent has 88-&gt;JJ.

3) There are a lot of hands that are going to 3-bet hoping to scare you into giving a free card. Maybe even something like A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif . Far more hands than hands that are beating you. So there's a lot of pure value in the cap.