PDA

View Full Version : New QotSA?

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Anybody have the new Queens of the Sone Age album? I just now finally heard the first single and it's pretty good. Any reviews?

MrFeelNothin
02-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Lullabies to Paralyze isnt out until March 22, so I sincerely doubt anyone has a copy yet.

I am also really looking forward to this release, as well as seeing them in concert in April. I saw them with RHCP a couple years ago, they put on a good show.

Whats your favorite album of theirs? I really like Songs for the Deaf, but I prefer Rated R.

daveymck
02-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I've got the new album but only listened to a few tracks seems to be more of the same maybe a bit more of a laid back groove than the last one.

istewart
02-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Rated R by far. "If Only" on the first self-titled is awesome.

daveymck
02-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I got it last weekend just flicking through the tracks now first few the single is pretty representitive of but seems to be going very weird for the second half of the album.

MrFeelNothin
02-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Is it already released in the UK then?

Ship that shiat over here.

daveymck
02-18-2005, 02:29 PM
No, there are places where promo copies can be aquired from though, namely the internet and in particular newsgroups.

I used to run a metal website with reviews and stuff and getting record companies to send out promos is a lot more difficult than it seemed so I became good at finding the new releases as they leaked, generally a month in advance as that is when they have to get to the magazines so that the reviews appear at the right time.

MrFeelNothin
02-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Arrgh, I wish all the good file-sharing programs weren't blocked on my schools network. I'm going to have to wait.