PDA

View Full Version : Small set in a multi way pot capped preflop with a donkey "hero"

fnord_too
02-18-2005, 01:55 PM
I felt like a complete moron on this hand. In my defense, I suck.

Pre flop: Well, I guess this was ok. When it got to me the first time it was looking like it would be 5 to the flop for two bets.

Flop: I think I should have capped here, but not capping I think...

Turn: I really need to raise here. I really felt like I needed to hit my boat to win. With 5 people going to the flop, I was affraid of a made flush or even a set of nines, but I think I am being to paranoid here, and that I could see this sort of action from over pairs or top pair protecting their hand or the nut flush draw. Deer, meet headlights.

River: I don't think calling is bad here, since I think there is a good chance I am beat and if I am not that UTG wont pay off a raise. (Maybe he will though, if he has something like A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 and he thinks I was drawing at the flush.) Man I wish I had capped the flop and bet / raised the turn. As it was I have reduced myself to a spectator.

Flame away, I may shame myself into improving eventually.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls $19 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (22.93 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (17.46 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (19.46 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.46 BB

etizzle
02-18-2005, 01:59 PM
if you clicked 'raise any' for the whole hand every time you flopped a set it would be closer to correct than not raising the turn/river here.