PDA

View Full Version : USA Basketball team gets dominated

Clarkmeister
09-04-2002, 10:29 PM
More proof that George Karl is one of the all time worst. All you Karl defenders please feel free to step forward again. This guy is an absolute joke.

Argentina dominated all phases of the game. They deserve to be proud and our guys deserve to feel humiliated.

Ryan_21
09-04-2002, 11:01 PM
I didnt watch it, however I agree with you on karl.

Ryan_21

Clarkmeister
09-04-2002, 11:07 PM
87-80. Made that close by two near halfcourt 3 pointers by Pierce with less than 20 seconds left. We trailed by 10-15 points for the majority of the game.

Ryan_21
09-04-2002, 11:56 PM
If the game was played like you said it was those guys (usa team) should be ashamed of theirselves. In 1992 with the original dream team (greatest team ever assembled IMO) they won by an average of 43 points. Yeah, the rest of the world is catching up, but they cant be that close, not in Basketball, no way!

Ryan_21

David Ottosen
09-05-2002, 12:04 AM
YOUUUUU ESSSSSSSSSS AYYYYYYYYYY?

chortle

09-05-2002, 12:26 AM
They acted like a bunch of asses and deserved to lose.

Clarkmeister
09-05-2002, 12:28 AM
We got called for intentional fouls for intentional tripping, and for stepping on an Argentinian player who was on the ground.

Not only embarassing, but classless.

Clarkmeister
09-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Did Canada make it out of group play? Just checking. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

B-Man
09-05-2002, 11:14 AM
What are guys like Antonio Davis and Ben Wallace doing on this team, anyway? No offense to them, they aren't the cause of the problem, but if the U.S. isn't going to take it seriously and send our best team, then we shouldn't take part. Why do our best players seem to have the attitude that they only have to go to international competition once, then never again?

This is yet another example of the disgusting attitude of today's players. Bird, Magic, Jordan & their predecessors considered it an honor to represent their country. Today's stars seem to consider it with disdain.

If another country could beat a team that had Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, K.G., Pierce, Iverson, and the "real" team of best players, now that would be something. It’s a shame that of that group, only Paul Pierce is on this team.

Clarkmeister
09-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Is this our best possible team? No. Is this team talented enough that it shouldn't lose? Yes. Pierce and Finley are 2 or the leagues 10 best overall players. Davis and Miller are top 5 point guards. Brand is a top 5 power forward. Reggie is a Hall of Famer. Its not like we sent a bunch of benchwarmers.

Ryan_21
09-05-2002, 11:45 AM
Clarkmeister is right, so what if we didn't send our top 5 guys. The guys that went should NOT have lost. I watched the highlights on sportscenter last night. It looked like a high school team playing against us. It kind of reminded me of hoosiers. That team (Argentina) did not have near the talent we did. I think this really goes to show that athletes today are lazy and only concerned about their own agenda.

Ryan_21

Ryan_21
09-05-2002, 11:52 AM
...If Argentina played the game of their lives, played their hearts out and won at the buzzer with a last second shot, but from what I saw in the highlights they did NOT. The anouncer on SportsCenter, even said Argentina played just AVERAGE. Like I said below, this just shows how much the modern athlete is lazy and only concerned about their own agenda.

Its not about doing everything you can to help the team win, its about doing as little as possible, looking good, and making the most money. Disgusting.

I bet if they played today the original (1992) Dream Team, even though they are all over 40 now, could've beat these guys.

Ryan_21

David Ottosen
09-05-2002, 01:47 PM
Nowitzki was allowed to play. Finley was allowed to play. Steve Nash was not allowed to play. You figure it out, because I sure can't. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

B-Man
09-05-2002, 02:49 PM
I completely agree athletes today are lazy and only care about their own agenda; in fact, I think I said that in not so many words.

I ALSO think the team we sent was not close to our best team, and it would be better to send our best team rather than send a "B" or "C" team and have them embarass us. If we sent the REAL team of best players, the only player from last night's team that would have been on the team would be Paul Pierce, and instead of being the best player on the team, he'd be the 5th or 6th (or even worse) best player.

adios
09-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Didn't see any highlights. Argentina I believe had two players with some NBA experience and a third that is trying to make an NBA squad this season. Could be wrong about that. If USA had far superior talent the players weren't motivated to play. Argentina, the country, has had a lot of economic problems with high unemployment, bank failures, lots of debt, crime wave, demonstrations, etc. so maybe this will help the Argentinians feel better about themselves. Just trying to look on the bright side of things. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif