PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld characters

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:13 PM

TMFS9
02-18-2005, 01:15 PM
I have a feeling kramer's going to run away with this one.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Puddy is clearly the choice for question 2. Peterman's a good #2, maybe 1a, and Steinbrenner's bits can be a good chuckle.

Eurotrash
02-18-2005, 01:16 PM
agree, but I'd say Peterman is a close 2nd.

high five?

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-18-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
agree, but I'd say Peterman is a close 2nd.

high five?

[/ QUOTE ]
I already edited Peterman in there. I'm right with you.

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Mine were George and George's Father. I love Kramer but something about George has always made him my favorite.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Why isn't Banya on there?

"Yeah, I'm huge."

"That's, gold, Jerry! Gold!"

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Bania's just annoying. I detest the Bania scenes. I like the idea, but he's just too good at being annoying. I will admit there are a few good lines, though (the ones you mentioned).

Eurotrash
02-18-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't Banya on there?

"Yeah, I'm huge."

"That's, gold, Jerry! Gold!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, I was thinking the exact same thing about the lack of Banya - these have to be my two favorite Banya quotes as well /images/graemlins/grin.gif

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Banya (or Bania?) should've been there, my mistake.

"All that risk management stuff you gave me -- it's killer!"

Joe_d72
02-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Has to be George hands down

"I show up! I pretend I have the job. The guy's on vacation. If I have the job, it's fine. If I don't have the job, by the time he comes back I'm ensconced."
"Hmmmmm.... Not bad."
"What's the worst thing that could happen?"
"Well, you'd be embarrassed and humiliated in front of a large group of people and have to walk out in shame with your tail between your legs."
"Yeah, so?"
"Yeah, I see what you mean. I forgot who I was dealing with."
- George and Jerry, in "The Barber"

"So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys, I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you Jerry, at that moment I was a marine biologist."

"The sea was angry that day my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli."

"So let me get this straight. You find yourself in the kitchen, you see an eclair in the receptacle, and you think to yourself, 'What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.'"
"No no no no no. It was not trash."
"Was it in the trash?"
"Yes."
"Then it was trash."
"It wasn't down in. It was sort of on top."
"But it was in the cylinder."
"Above the rim."
"Adjacent to refuse is... refuse."
"It was on a magazine. And it still had the doily on."
"Was it eaten?"
"One little bite."
"Well, that's garbage."
"But I know who took the bite. It was her aunt."
"Well, you, my friend, have crossed the line that divides man and bum. You are now a bum."
- Jerry and George, in "The Gymnast"

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:31 PM
"Did you ever hear of holding it in?"

"Oh, no, no, that's very bad for the kidneys."

"How do you know?"

"I read about it, in the medical journals."

"Do the medical journals say anything about standing in a pool of other people's urine?"

andyfox
02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
My all-time favorite line is when Steinbrenner thinks George has died. So he goes to give the bad news to his parents. He hems and haws and finally spits out the bad news. Your son has died.

Frank is silent for a few seconds and then blurts out, "How could you trade Jay Buhner?"

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My all-time favorite line is when Steinbrenner thinks George has died. So he goes to give the bad news to his parents. He hems and haws and finally spits out the bad news. Your son has died.

Frank is silent for a few seconds and then blurts out, "How could you trade Jay Buhner?"

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Best episode of all time remains "The Chicken Roaster."

Joe_d72
02-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I always get the feeling that when lesbians look at me, they're thinking, 'That's why I'm not a heterosexual.

"When you look annoyed all the time, people think that you're busy."

Joe_d72
02-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Picking a best episode from Seinfeld is the hardest thing to do because there are just so many classics

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:39 PM
I can't wait for the rest of the seasons to come out. I like the early ones a lot, but they had a period around '95-'96 where it was just unstoppable IMHO.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
i chose puddy only because det. bookman wasn't an option.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Picking a best episode from Seinfeld is the hardest thing to do because there are just so many classics

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. So many classic episodes with perfect endings to go with the theme of the show. The Marine Biologist being a pefect example. Everything was intertwined perfectly. I love it.

I have every episode on my computer. Good stuff.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 01:46 PM
george is by far the best main character.

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Bookman, haha, I just watched that episode.

elwoodblues
George --- hands down. In my opinion, the show moved away from being about Seinfeld and was really about George (if it was about anything at all.)

-Syk-
[ QUOTE ]
i chose puddy only because det. bookman wasn't an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

One of the best scenes ever.

BOOKMAN: Well, let me tell you something, funny boy. Y'know that little stamp, the one that says "New York Public Library"? Well that may not mean anything to you, but that means a lot to me. One whole hell of a lot. Sure, go ahead, laugh if you want to. I've seen your type before: flashy, making the scene, flaunting convention. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. What's this guy making such a big stink about old library books? Well, let me give you a hint, junior. Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over. Y'got seven days, Seinfeld. That is one week!

istewart
02-18-2005, 01:53 PM
REBECCA: Oh, wait a second. This book has been in the bathroom.

GEORGE: What are you talking about? That's ridiculous.

REBECCA: It's been flagged. I know. I used to work in a Brentano's. Mister, we're trying to help the homeless here - it's bad enough that we have some nut out there trying to strap 'em to a rickshaw!

GEORGE: Alright, I'll just take fifty. Do we have a deal?

REBECCA: Yeah, and here it is: You get your toilet book out of here, and I won't jump over this counter and punch you in the brain!

edtost
02-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey, I'm on first and first. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-18-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I'm on first and first. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!

[/ QUOTE ]
This one was awesome. My wedding reception was at about 1st and 2nd and you had to go through 1st and 1st to get there. I don't know how many times I heard about the nexus of the universe that weekend.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 02:01 PM
George: ..you're Batman!
Kramer: Yeah, yeah I am Batman!

istewart
02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Jerry: You kept making all the stops?

Kramer: Well...people kept ringing the bell!

Shajen
02-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Seinfeld sucks.

bring it on kids.

Goodie54
02-18-2005, 02:27 PM
The best in that episode is Frank leaving the message for Jerry -

"This is Frank Constanza, Steinbrenner's here, George is dead, call me back."

Jerry - Your parents think your dead

George - Ahhh, they could use the break.

Peace

Goodie

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Believe it or not, George isn't at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
He must be out, or he'd pick up the phone.
Where could he be?
Believe it or not, he's not home!

We adapted that one for my housemate in college.

sfer
02-18-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In Astoria you can be on 30th Street between 30th Ave and 30th Drive.

nolanfan34
02-18-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Best episode of all time remains "The Chicken Roaster."

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord no.

First, I voted for George, and Frank Costanza. I don't think it's really close in either category. Kramer is funny, but George's storylines are consistantly more agonizingly painful to watch, in a good way.

As for the recurring characters, Frank Costanza is the funniest, by far.

Also, anyone who thinks the funniest episode in the series is one that occurred after Larry David left, i.e. after Susan Ross' death, doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

wayabvpar
02-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Where is the Jackie Chiles love? He ruled!

nolanfan34
02-18-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the Jackie Chiles love? He ruled!

[/ QUOTE ]

He was good, but not in enough episodes to be considered seriously IMO. There really needs to be a category for characters who were in like 4 episodes or less.

Slacker13
02-18-2005, 02:44 PM
They are all great but my favorite is when they all bet on who could go the longest w/o masturbating. Classic.

soundgarden4
02-18-2005, 06:22 PM
How can you guys forget about Krueger [sp]. He was far and away the best character on the show.

"What a pear shaped loser." (talking about George)

dr. klopek
02-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Bookman is the best because he's 100% hilarious through the entire episode, never not funny. I'm also a fan of the dudes who steal the...arm...thing of elaine's from kramer.

Worst series ending EVER.

craig r
02-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Somebody had mentioned Kruger (he was a good one). Also, Whatley (sp??) got pretty funny.

craig

istewart
02-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Larry David's episodes have the best dialogue, but the "over-the-top"-ness of the characters in seasons after he left are often really great. That's just a personal preference of mine.

Still, some of David's episode concepts are flat-out amazing.

GuyOnTilt
02-18-2005, 07:30 PM
How the hell is anybody but David Puddy winning #2?

GoT

istewart
02-18-2005, 07:32 PM
George's Dad > Puddy.

GuyOnTilt
02-18-2005, 07:34 PM
False.

GoT