PDA

View Full Version : JJ turns quads...I hate myself

bozlax
02-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Ok, so I should've bet out the flop. My plan was to check/call on the flop, bet out the turn and call any raise, and then hammer the river.

It didn't work out so well. Any comments? At least I had a plan, right?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Entity
02-18-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least I had a plan, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

So did Custer.

GrunchCan
02-18-2005, 12:55 PM
If you were hoping to CR, then your desire to win money is admirable.

That said, your play was really, really bad. You were ther PF aggressor. What possible reason do you have to think that someone else is going to bet for you?

Not only that, but in this raised pot, a bet on the flop by you offers 1:9 to the first caller. 1:9! Who wouldn't call that?

However, I must commend you for not continuing to slow-leak when you hit the case on the turn. Well done.

Edit: Sorry, but I have to take that last comment back. You should have 3-bet the turn when your opponent showed a willingness to give action.

dkernler
02-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Who exactly were you hoping would bet the flop? You know this now, but you have to bet that flop. No one knows what you have, just bet.

shadow29
02-18-2005, 12:56 PM
You have to bet this flop.
You have to 3-bet the turn.

olavfo
02-18-2005, 12:57 PM
After you missed the flop bets, at least reraise the turn. Better chance to collect one more bet from Button now, after he has already put two big bets in the pot.

olavfo

zuluking
02-18-2005, 12:59 PM
FPS.

davelin
02-18-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I should've bet out the flop. My plan was to check/call on the flop, bet out the turn and call any raise, and then hammer the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, hammer the turn too so that draws can pay you off as well as made hands.