PDA

View Full Version : AK as TPTP - value check/raise on flop - correct or improper?

Akimka
02-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Reads:
BUTTON is LAG. VPIP 35, PFR 13, passive after flop. 98 hands
SB is LPP. VPIP 85, PFR 0, 14 hands on him
BB is LPP. VPIP 48, PFR 0, 41 hands on him.

How's you like my check-raise on flop? Will you play this hand any diferrently?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Chris Daddy Cool
02-18-2005, 07:40 AM
smells delicious, though against somebody with a 13 pfr and callers in between i'm capping this preflop.

Nick Royale
02-18-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
against somebody with a 13 pfr and callers in between i'm capping this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree, I'll cap this every time against loose players like this.

[ QUOTE ]
smells delicious

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do we not want to protect our hand in a big pot? I'll bet the flop hoping LAG will raise.

Chris Daddy Cool
02-18-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do we not want to protect our hand in a big pot? I'll bet the flop hoping LAG will raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the texture of the board, its not draw-heavy at all. you'll have most people drawing to 5 outs at the most, often times having people drawing to sets or dominated, most of the time they'll only have 2-3 outs against you.

Nick Royale
02-18-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
look at the texture of the board, its not draw-heavy at all. you'll have most people drawing to 5 outs at the most, often times having people drawing to sets or dominated, most of the time they'll only have 2-3 outs against you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see your point, but I don't think betting out would be bad. What would be a disater is if it's get checked through. Maybe not to likely...

bear187
02-18-2005, 08:13 AM
I think that's highly unlikely given the loose PFR, if he sees that Hero checks it to him he's going to assume he has the best hand. I like this play a lot, nh.

edit: Although, now you have to bet out on the river. Theres basically no chance you can fool him with the same move twice right? Checking through on the turn would be a disaster :O

young nut
02-18-2005, 08:29 AM
I don't really mind the play too much, but I don't think I would have played it the same. Here is how I would have attempted to play this hand, feel free to evaluate the differences.

1. Cap preflop with 4 players for value.

2. Bet the flop hoping for a raise from Button to protect your hand. I know the board isn't very coordinated, but after the flop cap 4 ways the pot is pretty decent sized already so protect your hand.

3. If button raised, depending on his playing style, I would most likely just call his raise then attempt to C/r on turn.

To those of you who think that the board is fine for not protecting your hand, I ask you this: why not just call the flop bet and try to check/raise turn? If you feel that your hand is that far ahead, and that the button will almost always bet this turn, then why not try to get the most value out of the hand by C/raising hoping to bring the EP's along. To me it seems clear that Hero must protect hand on the flop.

Akimka
02-18-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1. Cap preflop with 4 players for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Bet the flop hoping for a raise from Button to protect your hand. I know the board isn't very coordinated, but after the flop cap 4 ways the pot is pretty decent sized already so protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure i want protect my hand but due to texture of flop and read that button is passive after flop i think chance that he can just call is very high. If he calls and SB &amp; BB have a chance to see turn for one bet i think it's bad to protecting my hand. But i pretty sure that button will bet and i will not give turn card for just one SB.

[ QUOTE ]
3. If button raised, depending on his playing style, I would most likely just call his raise then attempt to C/r on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

turn checked around if button has some draw is disasterous for me i think... I don't like c/r turn. But i respect your way - may be it's better - i will think about it...